How can I watch youtube streaming on my sprint 8130? when I click on a video, I get sound only. Any apps out there which will let me watch them streamed?
    12-29-07 11:01 PM
    Also interested in the answer...
    12-29-07 11:07 PM
    Come on there is no way 2 do this??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-08 07:48 PM
    m.youtube.com

its only certain videos kind of useless if you ask me.
    01-02-08 07:57 PM
    m.youtube.com is great like pballa said, just make sure you don't put www.
    01-02-08 08:39 PM
    Yeah exactly! Useless! There has to be a way. I love my new BB but this is one feature I miss from treo.

01-02-08 08:40 PM
    m.youtube.com

Works great for me. Am I missing something? What's the problem?
    01-02-08 08:51 PM
    I'm yeah you are missing something. M.Youtube.com does not have full content. It is a limited selection of the videos. I'd say that's a big something! LAME!

01-02-08 08:54 PM
    I guess I am not noticing. It seems like tons of videos to me. Just so I can test, which one are you looking for that is on the main site and not on the BB site?
    01-02-08 09:01 PM
    Yes, m.youtube.com is limited subset of the vids on their main website. This is explained in FAQ #6 in the help on m.youtube.com
    01-02-08 09:23 PM
    Thanks for the information..
    01-02-08 11:55 PM
    im having issues with m.youtube.com as well...the site opens up and i can select a clip...but once the media player opens up...the screen remains black..but it does show the length of the clip through the counter at the bottom....any thoughts my pretties?? lol
    01-03-08 09:51 AM
    where do you type it? I dont seem to get much internet search engines on this thing..im with verizon
    01-03-08 10:09 AM
    I went to m.youtube.com and was able to see the list of videos but I was not able to select them or get any sound or video, any ideas of what I might be doing wrong? Do I needed to download software?

Thanks

Update: I was orginally using Opera Mini browser to access m.youtube.com and didn't work but I tried it through the BB Browser and it work fine. Does anyone know why it wouldn't work through Opera Mini?
    Last edited by joerik96; 01-03-08 at 01:38 PM.
    01-03-08 12:13 PM
    No additional software needed, they should play when selected. Make sure Audio Boost is OFF in your Media Options.
    01-03-08 12:47 PM
    bottom line; there is no way to get FULL youtube videos streaming on SPRINT 8130. I am not going to sit here & post everything I can't find on the m.youtube site. Suffice to say that site is not full youtube & the videos I am searching for do not show up.
    01-04-08 06:19 PM
    Suffice to say that site is not full youtube & the videos I am searching for do not show up.
    Correct!.. I believe that was stated in post #10
    01-04-08 06:39 PM
    video's on m.youtube have been formatted specifically for mobile devices, thus the reason the selection is limited.
    01-05-08 01:03 AM
    It seems to work now! But only sometimes. When I use the blueapple site. Now I get sound & video. I turned off the audio boost & that seemed to do the trick. But sometimes I get that error message about "file foemat supported". Not sure what that's all about.

01-06-08 02:42 AM
    I went to m.youtube.com and was able to see the list of videos but I was not able to select them or get any sound or video, any ideas of what I might be doing wrong? Do I needed to download software?

Thanks

Update: I was orginally using Opera Mini browser to access m.youtube.com and didn't work but I tried it through the BB Browser and it work fine. Does anyone know why it wouldn't work through Opera Mini?
    You don't need any additional software, but I've run across the black screen of nothing as well. If you retry a few times, it eventually comes up... sometimes..

Opera Mini, Opera pre-renders content on the server-side, which is fine for static pages like news or whatnot, but won't work with live content. That's why you need to use the BB browser.

Regarding, the limited selection on youtube's mobile site... try m.vtap.com
    You can browse more content there. Since I've found that site, I hardly ever go to m.youtube.com any more.

Hope that helps
    01-06-08 05:46 AM
    Regarding, the limited selection on youtube's mobile site... try m.vtap.com
    You can browse more content there. Since I've found that site, I hardly ever go to m.youtube.com any more.
    Quite a large selection on vtap, the high res option will most often not play, choose medium.
    01-06-08 08:46 AM
    Your solution lies in the step by step instructions over here: www .ehow. com/how_4608118_watch-youtube-videos-blackberry.h t m l

There are spaces in the link as this board does not allow URLs until I have 10 posts. Copy and paste the URL in address bar and delete unnecessary spaces.
    Please rate and comment the article you visit
    12-11-08 10:42 AM
    Is this only for the 8130? Because on my 8110 whenever I try to load the video it says something about a protocol error

12-11-08 12:29 PM
    Your solution lies in the step by step instructions over here: www .ehow. com/how_4608118_watch-youtube-videos-blackberry.h t m l

There are spaces in the link as this board does not allow URLs until I have 10 posts. Copy and paste the URL in address bar and delete unnecessary spaces.
    Please rate and comment the article you visit
    Um this article shows how to watch videos on vuclip, not on youtube, or am I missing something?
    12-11-08 02:02 PM
    While sound-no-picture glitches and other "almost there" scenarios where you have a counter that just doesn't start are bad. Worse:
    "The protocol specified is not supported by the handheld. Please try a different URL."

With bad, you can go fishing for more tech support options, with worse, I have but one option:
    Give up.
    04-02-09 03:43 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD