Hi everyone, newbie here. First off I just want to thank all of you that post to this board. I have only had my Pearl for a week now and every question that I have had, has been answered through this site!! So happy I stumbled upon this site!!

I had VZW Navigator on my old phone and loved it, however I cannot get it to work on my BB. It has been reinstalled 3 times, spent over an hour with a VZW tech going over all of the settings, which they claim were set properly, only to be told "sorry, I can give you another and hope it works on that one." Before I go back to the store and get a new phone, does anyone have ANY ideas at all on how to fix this. I keep getting an application error.

Thanks!
    Melanie
    01-31-08 08:58 PM
    did you turn on gps on your bb? i have bb pearl from verizon also, and it works great!!!
    01-31-08 09:02 PM
    yes, my location is on. It worked great on my last phone, and I am missing it now.
    01-31-08 09:17 PM
    I had the same problem! The store rep finally saw that there was some code that was not entered! I can't tell you what it was but they did solve it for me.
    Good Luck!!
    01-31-08 09:37 PM
    There are two possible problems:

1. VZW put the wrong VZNavigation feature on your account, there are two different ones, one for regular phones, and one for BB's.

2. The permissions for the VZNavigator application are not set right:
    Go to options> advanced options> applications> VZNavigator> press menu(The one with seven dots)> choose edit permissions> make sure all three are set to "allow". The application will not work correctly if they are set to "custom".

Let me know if this helps.
    01-31-08 11:25 PM
    Thank you for the suggestions! I did check my permissions and I see that all three were set to "allow." Guess I'll be going to the store again and hopefully they will finally be able to fix it. I would hate to get a new phone, after I spending a week adjusting all of the settings to where I like it!

I really appreciate the feedback!!
    02-01-08 09:01 AM

1. VZW put the wrong VZNavigation feature on your account, there are two different ones, one for regular phones, and one for BB's.

Go to options> advanced options> applications> VZNavigator> press menu(The one with seven dots)> choose edit permissions> make sure all three are set to "allow". The application will not work correctly if they are set to "custom".

Good to know.

Mel let us know if ryan's tip solved the problem
    02-01-08 01:25 PM
    Well, the techs spent an hour on it in the store just to tell me to try reinstalling the software from home. Went through everything, called tech support again and nothing. They can't figure out the problem so now they are sending me a new phone.

Thank you for all of your advice. They did make sure to check out my versions, codes, etc. Everything was set up correctly.

Here's hoping the new one has no problems. Thanks again!
    02-03-08 09:25 PM
    Hi everyone, newbie here. First off I just want to thank all of you that post to this board. I have only had my Pearl for a week now and every question that I have had, has been answered through this site!! So happy I stumbled upon this site!!

I had VZW Navigator on my old phone and loved it, however I cannot get it to work on my BB. It has been reinstalled 3 times, spent over an hour with a VZW tech going over all of the settings, which they claim were set properly, only to be told "sorry, I can give you another and hope it works on that one." Before I go back to the store and get a new phone, does anyone have ANY ideas at all on how to fix this. I keep getting an application error.

Thanks!
    Melanie

They have to remove the VZ navigator from your account. Then re-provision it again for the blackberry. This must be done BEFORE you download and run VZ Navigator for the first time. The first time you go to run navigator it checks to see if your account is properly provisioned. If it's not, no matter how many times they futz with your account it won't work.

Had the same problem.
    02-04-08 11:23 PM
    Actually, they did have my account set for the right navigator. The whole thing is screwy and I personally don't think any of the techs I dealt with through Verizon, really knew what they were doing so it was just easier for them to give me a new berry. They did and it works great! So happy to have that service back
    02-07-08 09:31 PM
    Same thing happened to me. I called VZ and the rep told me there is a Nav option for "advanced" phones. They have to manually turn that option on from their end. Takes about 5 seconds and it works perfect!
    02-18-08 02:24 AM

Thanks! your advice worked for my pearl!
    09-07-08 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD