Hello Folks,
    New to the forums and new to BlackBerry. Having two issues that VZW cannot resolve and wanted to see if anyone had any information. First, over my battery indicator on the home screen I keep having the "ABC" pop up randomly and disappear randomly. 20 calls and three new phones later its still doing it. Second, volume on handset is not loud enough to hear calls. I have updated the OS per VZW to supposedly fix issues and still no fix. Any ideas? Similar problems? Thanks in advance!

Bart
    03-02-08 09:42 PM
    you have "multitap" on, go to blackberry messneger or any screen that has you input text and go to the drop down menu and select sure type.....it will solve it instantly...its just showing that you have multitap enabled
    03-02-08 09:51 PM
    Thanks for your response Grim. I have tried turning off multitap but find sure type frustrating and annoying to use right now. Half the time in the home screen in either mode it displays the ABC over my battery indicator. VZW keeps FedEx'ing me new phones every week. We have a Pink 8130 that was shipped with my first 8130 that does not have this issue, so I think its a silver 8130 issue. 3rd 8130 arrives Wednesday, guess we will wait and see if it also has this issue after I spend the afternoon upgrading the OS to the newer version since VZW will not start shipping with the new version for months. Thanks again.

VZW is on my list!

Bart
    03-03-08 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD