What do you guys think about it Good Bad?
    For me Its been great. It has payed by it self just by not using 411 to get Phone #'s. I use the navigator to find my next lunch area, order movie tickets and just to find out what options of location I have around me. I even help friends that are 100 of miles away find phone numbers. Sure it cost $10 but it would cost me 15 - 20 a month to find number on the go.
    01-13-08 05:19 PM
    01-13-08 05:21 PM
    There's no disputing the fact that the Voice Turn-by-Turn directions and enabled GPS features of VZ Nav are nice pluses... however there are very many completely free alternatives to aquire maps / directions / locations / phone #s on your BB.
    01-13-08 05:29 PM
    Thanks for the Great Info...u go girl!! LOL
    01-13-08 05:34 PM
    Great free option but not as good as VZ navigator. Still can beat it. Sorry I'll still stick with VZ navigator.
    Last edited by sho95; 01-13-08 at 06:31 PM.
    01-13-08 06:24 PM
    You use whatever minutes on your cell phone but no additional fees and you can also recieve text of the info and it just uses what ever text you have on your plan and no additonal fees as well.
    01-13-08 06:26 PM
    Personally I have had no luck with the program, and it is not work the money, especially since it should be free anyway.

The program rarely finds me, even if i'm in a city it takes forever. I have tested it out several times and after several connection errors it found me, after i had driven 5 miles...

The program is further limited by the inability to leave it running in the background. If you need to look up an address or phone number or anything, then the program will close down.

I do not recommend this program to anyone, unless you are in a real jam, and in my experience should not be relied on. It's a sneaky scam for Verizon to charge us for a sub-par application to do tasks that should be free in the first place.
    01-14-08 12:31 AM
    Not meaning to advertise for VZW, or Navigator, as I hate that VZW neutered the BB and the GPS function of it, but....

The program rarely finds me, even if i'm in a city it takes forever. I have tested it out several times and after several connection errors it found me, after i had driven 5 miles...
    I have not had this happen, unless I was in a non-EVDO area, but even then has not taken me that long. I use VZN all over the Florida, Alabama, and Mississippi Gulf Coast region.

The program is further limited by the inability to leave it running in the background. If you need to look up an address or phone number or anything, then the program will close down.
    Try using the alt+back keys, then hold the alt key and use the trackball to either go to the app you want or to the Home screen. When you want to go back to Navigator, just open it normally and it will continue on. It also should have kept up with your position while it was in the background.

I do not recommend this program to anyone, unless you are in a real jam, and in my experience should not be relied on. It's a sneaky scam for Verizon to charge us for a sub-par application to do tasks that should be free in the first place.
    I do agree that it's a sneaky thing for VZW to limit the native GPS in the 8130, but I have to say that I do not find Nav to be sub-par. It's one of the few voice-turn-by-turn GPS programs out there, and made by Telenav (which also has a $10/month subscription charge).
    01-14-08 06:15 AM
    I use VZ Navigator and for the most part it works well. I had it on my old phone which was just a plain Jane phone and it worked better than it does on my Pearl. I have had MANY instances where it was unable to find my route and required me to restart the application. Most times once it does get the route, it works well.

But it is sleazy of Verizon to charge for what should be free. Also, just to show how sleazy Verizon is with VZ Navigator, trying doing a local search for a Sprint store. It didn't find any in the Washington, DC area!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-08 07:30 AM
    I love the Navigator feature...I could have cared less about it (even though we are supposed to sell it) but now that I use it on my BB, i think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread...and I get paid $2 each time I activate it on someones phone haha
    01-14-08 11:38 AM
    I have had terrible results with the that free 411 thing mentioned above.

as for the VZ Nav....it sounds cool. Since im in indirect Verizon agent, our Verizon liasons are always coming out to us and get us to sell the feature to everyone but when we try and demo it in store, sometimes it doens't work.....which doesn't help sell at all.

I need to just get the day trial and run around town and see how it works on the fly.
    01-14-08 11:53 AM
    that it is a shame that verizon is so money hungry they milk us for $9.99 a month for the service...
    however, I did just download the app for the family's trip to disney... should come in handy and they I can always discontinue the feature based on vacation/trips...
    01-14-08 01:04 PM
    Beyond 411 (used to be Berry 411) for all your looking up info needs. It's your friend.

Beyond411 Mobile Search

That being said, I refuse to pay the extra $10 a month for it right now. I was thinking of downloading and installing it. Does anyone here use the pay per use (day) option? Can you just download it, launch it and does it just charge you the per day fee? Does it ask before you get charged "are you sure you want to be charged for this?"
    01-14-08 02:19 PM
    that it is a shame that verizon is so money hungry they milk us for $9.99 a month for the service...
    however, I did just download the app for the family's trip to disney... should come in handy and they I can always discontinue the feature based on vacation/trips...
    That's what I did. i used it only on the days I needed it, at $2.99 a day. It's a good way to figure out if you want it enough to spend the $9.99 a month to have it permanently.
    01-14-08 03:13 PM
    Does anyone here use the pay per use (day) option? Can you just download it, launch it and does it just charge you the per day fee? Does it ask before you get charged "are you sure you want to be charged for this?"
    I have the same questions archer. I had heard the $2.99 single day option was not available on 8130, only on VZW regular phones thru the BREW GIN app... heard if you dl & install on 8130 you're auto subscribed for the $9.99/mnth fee. Can the VZ Nav folks please clear this up
    01-14-08 03:36 PM
    but on verizon, using the 8130... you can go to your online account and check the navigator when you need it or uncheck it (same with tethering too). Just time it with your billing cycle and you can take it or leave it on a monthly basis (at least this was what was told to me by the friendly verizon support lady). you can do it by *611 I believe as well

And, I did do this with the tethering option on my last BB...
    01-14-08 03:47 PM
    To use Navigator on the 8130 and/or the 8830 you are paying $10 a month, they don't give you the $2.99 per day option, because its "VZ Navigator for Advanced Devices"
    01-14-08 03:58 PM
    Yep, that's unfortunately what I thought... lucky us Advanced Device users, thanks VZW
    01-14-08 04:06 PM
    Sorry about that! I was relying on information from my old phone.
    01-14-08 07:40 PM
    Didn't Telenav design VZ Nav? If so it's got to be pretty good because I use telenav on my Sprint 8830 and it's awesome. I even use it to look up phone numbers for businesses!
    01-14-08 08:06 PM
    Didn't Telenav design VZ Nav? If so it's got to be pretty good because I use telenav on my Sprint 8830 and it's awesome. I even use it to look up phone numbers for businesses!
    Yes, it is.
    01-15-08 05:40 AM
    It should give you the option of subscribing by the day or monthly.
    04-02-08 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD