Hello all,

I'm new here and have been doing some snooping around on my question and have found lots of people with complaints about the ring volume on the BB Pearl 8130 so I know I'm not alone.

My question is why does it ring so low yet it's SO loud in the media player? The rings, alarm tones, d/l'd mp3s - they're all super loud in media player yet when they ring they are just way too quiet. I've changed my profile to have the high setting for the ringer (in and out of holster). It just makes no sense to me that the phone has the capability to play really loud but you can't make the ringer do the same.

Anyone?

Thanks!

Michelle
    08-24-08 01:55 AM
    when the phone goes into standby from the magnetic holster, the phone will ring as loud as the media player if you have the profile for "holstered" set to loud. It will not ring as loud if the phone is manually put into standby, only from the magnetic holster.
    08-24-08 05:32 AM
    Exactly...

Welcome to the first day of the rest of your addiction glad to have you aboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 10:15 AM
    now that is just silly! I don't want to use the holster! Damn, guess i'll just have to deal with missing my calls!

Thanks for the help!
    08-24-08 09:50 PM
    Okay, this is not my account but my friends, I just come on to upload new ringtones to share with others and for her as well. HOWEVER ... she has the Blackberry Pearl and had the issue with the very low ringtones and was always missing calls! Damn annoying if you ask me for a so-called "smartphone".

Well I thought I would mess around with her settings and see if I could find something to improve the level of volume and I eventually fixed hers! Right now she is out so I have to look at her phone once again to find out step-by-step how to get into the area where I fixed the tones but I will come back on tonight to share what I found with the rest of you users on here and hopefully it helps with your phones!

08-25-08 06:13 PM
    Yes please let us know Tiffany6, I am very curious as well.

Kos
    08-25-08 06:18 PM
    I will for sure, she is out shopping while I upload ringtones and once she gets in I will have a look at her phone and share what I did that increased her volume so now her phone works very well!

JW
    08-25-08 06:25 PM
    Okay so here goes ... Now this is what worked for her phone so hopefully it works for YOU ... if not I apologize in advance but I would guess it would work the same for all the Pearl models. GOOD LUCK!

1. Go into the "Profiles (xxxx)" tab. On her phone it is the speaker icon. Hers also states "Profiles (Loud)" to be exact.

2. Scroll down past all of the following:

-Loud (If this does not state "active" then please make it your active ringer by selecting it now)
    - Vibrate
    - Quiet

Until you see ...

Advanced... and enter this menu!

3. Select the first listed item which should be Loud (Active).

4. Once in here you should see numerous selections such as: Browser, Calendar, Facebook and so on.

5. Select the one that looks like this:

Phone [xxxxxxxxxx] *the x's being your phone number*

There may be one above it that looks similar but is not your actual phone number. Leave that one for now.

6. Once you enter this menu you should then see:

Out of Holster: Tone
    Ring Tone: xxxxxxxxxxxxx (your phones current ringtone)

and so on ...

You should see Volume as your next selection and it should be set to High.

If it is not set to HIGH, this is your issue! She had her phone set to MEDIUM by default and that resulted in the low ringtone!

So simply change this to HIGH and when you go back to the previous menu it should state "Changes made!" Be sure to Save these!

What I did to be sure it worked the same for all the ringer settings was I went back to the list (Browser, Calendar, Facebook, Level 1 Messages etc.) and I made sure the VOLUME was set to HIGH for all of them!

THAT WAS IT! It worked for her and I hope it works for everyone else as I know what a pain this has been and she spent hours trying to find a solution online with no success .. I hope I finally found the fix for everyone.

Best of luck!!

JW
    Last edited by Tiffany6; 08-25-08 at 07:25 PM. Reason: made instructions clearer
    08-25-08 07:02 PM
    Well all be darned... Loud volumn is only set to medium, thats pretty dumb.

But I am curious why I have 2 Phone[xxxxxxxxxxxx entries. Going into both of them, look the same.

But thanks for the instructions, definitly much better.

Kos
    08-25-08 07:45 PM
    Not sure what the deal is with the two phone entries ... I noticed it as well but have no answer for that

Glad to see it worked though! I agree it is extremely DUMB to have a ringer set so low by default. And they don't make it easy to find and change those darn settings!

Now others should be able to HEAR the phone and their new ringtones!

JW
    08-25-08 08:03 PM
    If you explore your phones more you would find little things like this!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 12:21 AM
    Mine is set to High and it's still crap! dang!

2 phones - apparently you can have 2 lines on your BB, I suppose you could have a work line and a personal line? If you every by mistake get yourself using the 2nd line and it's not setup every number you call will ring busy and you won't receive calls. I manged to do that and took me a helluva while to figure out what I'd done wrong! In the meantime though w/Telus help they made it so both my lines work (under the same number).

Michelle
    08-26-08 01:04 AM
    This is my new plan!!

I didn't realize the whole BB case thing worked on magnetics. So I was playing w/my phone and i stuck a magnet on the back and sure enough it rang louder (or maybe it was in my head lol). Anyway, I figure if I stick a flat magnet strip on the magnetic part of the phone and it should stay snug under my BBskin then my phone should ring loud all the time. My phone will however always think it's in its holster but as long as my holster settings are the same as my out of holster settings all should be good no??

Michelle

and I'm also going to try cranking the volume in Roxio on my custom ring tones!
    08-26-08 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD