Is there a way to turn off the voice mail notification message? Let me clarify....When I get a voice mail, the little tape icon appears on my home screen letting me know there is a voice mail. Then, I get a text message saying I have a voicemail. This is redundant and a pain in the *** to have to delete or clear that message. Is there a setting so I get the voicemail icon but NOT the text message?
    04-15-09 12:03 PM
    Hopefully someone can help! this is so annoying
    04-15-09 04:28 PM
    no, there is no way to disable this with VZW. sorry.
    04-15-09 04:31 PM
    no, there is no way to disable this with VZW. sorry.
    So it is a VZW issue and not a Pearl thing. DO you work for VZW? Would it help if I went to a VZW store and had them change the notifications on my account?
    04-15-09 07:00 PM
    I'm pretty sure its a Verizon thing, at least the little tape icon is. Your best bet is to give them a call and see what they can do for you.

You can always sign up for youmail. Its a voicemail program online that essentially routes your voicemails to their servers and they get stored there. You can choose email or text notifications, and simply block the email notification so you won't get any. They have an app you can download too so you can listen to the voicemail straight from your BB. If this gets confusing, feel free to pm me, I'd be happy to help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 12:48 AM
    It's a VZW thing, yes. It is the same on all their blackberry phones.

There is no way to shut off the voicemail text alert within your account either.

04-16-09 05:56 AM
    Ya I think you could try and call them and tell them to stop cause bell has the option here to do it but its usiuslly turned off

04-16-09 07:13 AM
    I'm pretty sure its a Verizon thing, at least the little tape icon is. Your best bet is to give them a call and see what they can do for you.

You can always sign up for youmail. Its a voicemail program online that essentially routes your voicemails to their servers and they get stored there. You can choose email or text notifications, and simply block the email notification so you won't get any. They have an app you can download too so you can listen to the voicemail straight from your BB. If this gets confusing, feel free to pm me, I'd be happy to help

PM SENT...Thanks.
    04-16-09 02:13 PM
    Don't think this is specific to Verizon. Same thing happens on my 8130 thru Sprint. I've called CS and they said they can't disable it. What a redundant feature that is really annoying to boot.

04-16-09 09:19 PM
    Same thing happens on my 8310 from AT&T too
    05-18-09 05:06 PM
    Its NOT a Verizon thing. Same thing happens to me with Telus. It appears people on other carriers above have issues too.

05-18-09 05:25 PM
    The same happens with mine on Alltel too. And yeah, it does get annoying having the text message sent as well.
    05-19-09 02:11 AM
    I have t-mobile and I've never gotten a text saying I have a new voice message. Mine just shows the icon on the home screen and plays my ringtone as if I have a text.
    05-19-09 02:23 AM
    I guess this is just another thing to add to my list of annoyances about RIM/BB/Verizon.
    06-13-09 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD