Hello everyone, I searched for this problem but couldn't come up with anything.

I just got a new 8130 Pearl from Verizon and absolutely love it. I can't leave it alone for like 5 minutes, lol. Anyways, I have an Apple MacBook Pro with Windows Vista Ultimate running through a virtual machine using Parallels. It's slow, but gets the CAD Design stuff I need done. I went to go upload Desktop Manager 4.3 to it and everything loaded fine. But when I connect my BB to it, it says "Setting up connection (JVM)" and notes that this is a one time only thing. Well, it just stops there. I tried it on my parent's computer since I was home for a bit and it loaded up perfectly fine and connected. (That computer is using Windows XP)

So, is Desktop Manager 4.3 not compatible with Windows Vista? I really want to upload the new Verizon .97 update but can't right now.

On a side note, has anyone found a way to get OperaMini to work with the Verizon 8130? Mine says "Failed to connect to the Internet" after it loads. I've seen on T-Mobile and those where you change the TCM (?) I think, but Verizon doesn't give you that option.

Thanks
    03-09-08 11:56 AM
    4.3 DTM is Vista compatible. I installed it without any problems. If you are running virtual do you have a virtual program that recognizes USP ports on the host?
    03-09-08 12:01 PM
    Yeah, I keep an eye on that. My CD-ROM, USB, Hard Drive, etc. are all connected. When I loaded DM 4.3 it loaded slow but did load up. When I plug my BB in, Vista recognizes it and even shows that it's connected via USB Port 1 to "8130 BlackBerry", but DM can't seem to find it when I start it up.
    03-09-08 12:07 PM
    With DTM open click on the connection settings under Options on the left. Make sure USB is selected and click on detect. Make sure you BB is connected.
    03-09-08 12:16 PM
    It found my BB no problem, check the settings and it had my PIN listed and everything. But then it goes into a window where it says checking applications. It says connecting (JVM), then stops dead there.
    03-09-08 01:07 PM
    Ok your saying that connection is USB and detect found your BB? Right? If so close DTM and unplug your USB. Close DTM. Do a battery pull on your BB. Start DTM. After your BB restarts plug it into USB port. It should start to sync

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ChiefT; 03-09-08 at 01:26 PM.
    03-09-08 01:19 PM
    That's correct.

I will try the battery pull tomorrow. Thanks.
    03-09-08 10:45 PM
    Arrgh, I pulled the battery and tried syncing it up possibly 8 different ways to no avail. Every single time, it opens up DTM, goes to the setup box and says reading applications. Connecting to device (JVM).

Then it locks up and does nothing, I have tried reloading DTM from every source available and nothing helps. I tried it on an XP computer and it set everything up perfectly.

I freakin' hate Vista! No wonder I bought a Mac.....
    03-12-08 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD