Hello. I was trying to put some videos on my pearl to show friends. I took the vids with my digital camera, and I saved them to my computer and I used the blackberry software to put them into the video folder of the media card on my blackberry. It all transferred good. So I figured I would watch the vids on the blackberry to see if it would work. I find them ok in my blackberry right where I saved them and I click one to watch. It goes to the media screen like it normally does, but it says "loading" in a green box in the corner of the screen. It loads for anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes and then suddenly the blackberry turns off and restarts. It does this whenever I try to watch any of the 4 videos I put onto the blackberry. Why is it doing this? For the record the videos are in AVI format.
    02-04-08 10:22 PM
    Ok... Now if I try videos like before instead of restarting a message pops up saying error. What's going on?
    02-04-08 11:28 PM
    Owen,
    avi is not a supported file type.
    It has to be either 3gp or mp4. Can you convert or choose what format your video camera records in?
    02-05-08 04:19 AM
    ok, thnx alot, do you know of anyway to convert the files into MP4?
    02-05-08 09:47 AM
    Take a look thru the Media Forum for Videos. There is a ton of information.
    As to converters I'm sure you can download some shareware I don't know of any off hand.
    I use this:
    Ultra DVD Ripper - DVD Ripper Software Ripping DVD to AVI DivX MPEG MP4 iPod PSP 3GP
    I purchased both the converter and ripper as I rip dvd's that I own and load them onto my BB. This program is easy to use, and works very well.
    You might be able to download the trial version of the converter, just not sure if it has limitations, such as unable to save.
    02-05-08 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD