Hi all this is my first post so forgive me if this is in the wrong section...

Overall issue....

My phone only rings until i answer it, and THEN it vibrates while i'm on the phone trying to talk (for the alloted amount of time). But if i press the answer key (green phone) while the call is connected, it stops vibrating. But it only does this for one person

Story.....

I had this app for a while now and it worked fantastically! But during an attempted 4.5 upgrade, my phone bricked and i had to restore it. Ever since then the vibandring has been having this issue. But there is ONE big key issue. It only happens when my girlfriend calls. She has a special ringtone. And i'm sure that has everything in the world to do with it. But my main confusion lies in the fact that i haven't changed any settings "intentionally" since i retored it.

Hopefully someone has had similar issues and has found out how to resolve them. Thanks, in advance!!!!!
    08-11-08 07:17 AM
    08-11-08 07:25 AM
    I did that. Well sorta... I am currently running 4.3 just like before... the 4.5 didn't work.So i just restored my old 4.3 files
    08-11-08 07:59 AM
    Ok so i found out what the real issue is! VibandRing has problems with picID, they don't go well together. But i still wanna know if there is anyway to make them work like they used to. I sent an e-mail to fabian with no response as of yet. Still waiting. If anyone has any input, it is much appreciated.
    08-12-08 06:52 AM
    What's your vibe length set to?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-08 08:04 AM
    I've had it set between 4 and 8 seconds. Both had the same outcome
    Last edited by BBtC; 08-12-08 at 08:53 AM. Reason: spelling
    08-12-08 08:52 AM
    If you have the install files on your pc, I would uninstall both from your berry, reset the profile, (remove the custom notifier for your girlfriend), then reinstall 1 at a time.
    I had kinda the same problem with vibe and ring going back to 4.3. Going up was no issue, but going backwards it didn't seem right till i did the remove reinstall..
    Oh and make sure the permissions on both apps are set for all to allow.
    08-12-08 09:14 AM
    If you have the install files on your pc, I would uninstall both from your berry, reset the profile, (remove the custom notifier for your girlfriend), then reinstall 1 at a time.
    I had kinda the same problem with vibe and ring going back to 4.3. Going up was no issue, but going backwards it didn't seem right till i did the remove reinstall..
    Oh and make sure the permissions on both apps are set for all to allow.
    In the process.... I won"t know if i works right til a little later. So I'll confirm whether it works or not tomorrow morning. Thanks for the help.
    08-12-08 11:43 AM
    ok I tried it and it still doesn't work. I REALLY like both programs, but i can't decide which one i want more. Looks like i'm ditching the VibandRing. The new PicID comes with vibrate and ring anyways!! BUT! it only works if you have a pic ID set for the people calling.
    08-13-08 06:47 AM
    if you dont mind me asking, exactly which pic id are you using? reason is, im looking for one where you can have full screen caller id along with assigning a specific ringtone to that caller. thanks alot!
    09-08-08 07:00 PM
    I'm having the rings once, vibrates and then vibrates only for the number of bursts I have it set for, only after its done vibrating does it ring again. I am running 4.5 and no picture I'd program... Any suggestions???

09-16-08 07:17 AM
    I forgot to mention I un installed then reinstalled already...no dice. Still not working right... and... this is on a Curve...

Last edited by Jester23; 09-16-08 at 10:34 AM.
    09-16-08 07:32 AM
    You have a dedicated app to set to vibrate and ring? I did that with the basic os ringtone software

09-16-08 05:39 PM
    And this is the 8110, 8120, and 8130 posting area!

09-16-08 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD