I'm a verizon customer and recently bought the pearl. Since the phone does not have "get it now" I am unable to download new ringtones through Verizon. Does anyone know how/where I can go to download new ringtones?

05-04-08 04:26 PM
    Hi there!

I'm new as well. I bought my Pearl about a week or so ago from Verizon, and I found that if you have a media card that you can use mp3s as ringtones. Ultimately the small price you pay for the media card would make up for the price of ringtones these days.

Hope I don't get flamed for the idea.. It's just an option..
    05-04-08 08:32 PM
    No flaming here. You can download a small program for FREE called bitpim and make ringtones out of mp3s and then you can load them onto your BB in the ringtone folder with the Desktop Manager for free.
    05-04-08 08:35 PM
    I use the software provided with my device (a Verizon 8130) to create ringtones from .mp3s! Its simple and fun!! I haven't paid for a ringtone in months!! I even make them for my kids and MMS them to their phones!

I can't figure out why people are still buying ringtones...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-08 08:38 PM
    Well because they are not as gifted as us BB users and they have regular cell phones and Verizon has "Get it Now!"
    05-04-08 08:48 PM
    Well because they are not as gifted as us BB users and they have regular cell phones and Verizon has "Get it Now!"
    +1 I remember those days
    05-04-08 09:10 PM
    So do I guys. That's why it's cheaper for me to have a berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-08 09:19 PM
    ... I think we shoud all head over to the "Are You a Blackberry Snob?" thread right now! Bwahaha!!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f45/you...ry-snob-26364/

See ya there!!
    05-04-08 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD