The only real reason to have a socket connection in Opera Mini is if you're using Opera Link to sync OM with a desktop version of Opera 9.5. In my opinion, at least. It may help some not to have a persistent connection in the background.
    12-17-07 08:25 AM
    again any official/ unofficial indication of an OS upgrade from Verizon ? I can't use a phone that needs to be reset a few times a day just to prevent new messages from deleting or not being able to read messages as soon as they arrive !!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-17-07 11:57 AM
    again any official/ unofficial indication of an OS upgrade from Verizon ? I can't use a phone that needs to be reset a few times a day just to prevent new messages from deleting or not being able to read messages as soon as they arrive !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Then get the upgrade from another carrier like people have been suggesting! I have the same phone and carrier as you and I have not had any problem with it, and trust me I have installed more 3rd party apps and tweaks than you have. As soon as anyone hears about an OS update, you'll probably hear about it here first.
    12-17-07 04:51 PM
    I also get the "No application" message. Have Verizon. Uninstalled the Desktop Manager, downloaded the latest from Verizon and installed it. Still get the message. Did the Help - Device and no devices are installed.
    02-19-08 06:57 AM
    Have you installed the OS to your desktop as well?
    02-19-08 07:08 AM
    No sure what you are asking? I just received the phone. Did not change anything on the phone. Went to the Verizon site and downloaded the Desktop Manager 4.3. There was no OS to download. Where do you get that from?
    02-19-08 07:17 AM
    From the same place on Verizon's web site you got the DT manager software. Or you can download the newest from the sticky at the top of this forum. It's marked US Cellular , just follow the directions in the first post, it will work on you Verizon phone.
    02-19-08 07:37 AM
    Went to the Verizon site and downloaded the Desktop Manager 4.3. There was no OS to download.
    Yep Grumpy, the OS is there as Pete said. Just at a glance may be confusing since its labeled 4.3, same as DM.

The OS is labeled "BlackBerry Device Software v4.3 (updated 11-13-2007)".
    02-19-08 12:42 PM
    ok, i have the 8130 for verizon.
    is there an update that has come out as of late? or within the last year or so??? i have looked around and i cant really fund anything
    11-27-09 07:44 PM
    There was one that came out a couple months ago, maybe a little longer, time flies when you're having fun.

It's v4.5.0.138 (Platform 3.4.0.30).

You can get the latest download at Verizon's Blackberry Software Update site. I can't post links yet, just google "blackberry software update".
    11-27-09 10:01 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD