ok. not sure if anyone has had this happen to them. a while back, i updated my verizon pearl 8130 to 4.5.0.56. i installed the software, deleted the vendor.xml file (got the os from another carrier, forgot which one though), and everything installed fine. now that i see that verizon has the new 4.5.0.77, i downloaded it and when i went to see about deleting the vendor.xml file, i noticed it wasn't in the apploader file. i ran a search to see if maybe it was hidden somewhere and there was none.

my question is this....can i still install 4.5.0.77 and not have any problems? also, can can anyone point me to where i can get crack mem ota and help me understand how to use it?

thanks a bunch my fellow crackberry addicts
    11-05-08 11:42 PM
    if it's from your carrier there is no need to delete the vendor file
    11-06-08 12:07 AM
    11-06-08 01:30 AM
    if it's from your carrier there is no need to delete the vendor file
    she already did, when she upgraded with another carrier..

her question I think, is that now that her carrier has released an official version, where does vendor.xml come into play?

makes me ponder as well.. i upped w/ cell south, but if sprint ever releases
    4.5, (2011 lol ) what happens w/ vendor.xml?
    11-06-08 07:49 AM
    thanks everyone for the replies.

first i want to say im a "he" not a "she" and the reason i brought the vendor.xml question up is because if im gonna upgrade to this new os and not have the file to delete, i don't wanna risk that chance of nuking or f'ing up my bb.
    11-06-08 08:39 AM
    Well if you use crackmem just select to delete the vendor file. It really doesn't matter though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 09:01 AM
    Lol my bad bro ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD