As my texting activity has increased with the approaching holidays, I notice when I receive text messages that sometimes my BB 8120 notifies me with the tone I've set (from the CB selection of free tones!), but sometimes it's a rather faint-sounding conventional telephone ring.

My [I]suspicion[I] is that the conventional ring is a default tone that my Berry uses for a different type of message, although all messages seem alike , and I always get the same home-screen notification while one is in-coming.

Can you help me understand this difference? Is it doing something right? Or is there a problem? If there are different types of text messages, is this something I should understand in sending messages to others? Thanks for your help!
    12-19-08 04:16 PM
    Could it be a MMS? PIN? Messenger?
    12-19-08 06:14 PM
    Along the same lines ....

How do I set a certain ring tone to my mms mesages ?? I guess I've always just settled for the generic tone which is highly annoying.

Can someone help ??

Thanks !!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 10:26 AM
    Hi. I can't keep my tones straight!...lol but Imm trying. Go to profiles, scroll down to advanced, then click on your profile (mine's the loud one), then scroll down to MMS and you can change the tone.
    12-21-08 11:34 PM
    Wow !
    Thanks so much !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD