I have a 8120 and I cannot figure out how to use the head phones. When I plug in the earphone I can hear the music either through the phone it self or I can choose to have it on speaker phone. Can anyone help me so that I can use my music player while at the gym?
    05-13-08 05:02 PM
    I believe you would have to set it to handset or �activate handset� normally just plugging in the headphones all the way in allows for the sound to come through the earpiece try and activate the handset first keep us updated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-08 05:19 PM
    For activate: Open media player, press menu key, select activate headphone

Regards

Dario Blackberry Ecuador

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-08 07:31 PM
    I have "Activate Speakerphone" and then when I am using that option I have "activate headset". When I use the "activate headset" it comes throught the phone where you would normally hear the person you are talking to. I am very confused because all the pther phones that I have had all you do is plug in the ear piece and you are done.
    05-13-08 07:47 PM
    Can someone please verify weather or not sound comes out of headphones when you plug them into the 3.5 mm jack on the pearl 8120 without having to go into a menu to change certain settings?

I would like to know this as well. My 8120 has not yet arrived, so I cannot test this for the OP.

Gracias
    05-13-08 11:35 PM
    No sound comes out of the headphones. The only sound you can get is from the phone it self. You can have speakerphone on where everyone can hear it or you can hold it up to your ear like you are talking on it and hear the music that way. But I have yet to find out how to use the headphones.
    05-14-08 09:43 AM
    Welcome to the forums!!
    05-14-08 10:19 AM
    I thought I was the only one with this issue lol. I just posted a thread with this exact same question last night!

Yes, I can hear the music through the speakerphone and the through the regular phone but not through the headphones.
    05-14-08 10:31 AM
    Really, I just got my 8120 the other day and when I plug in the headphones the music comes through them. All I can say is that it is hard to push in, make sure it is all the way in as all 3 connections have to touch. Hope that helps.
    05-24-08 04:50 AM
    No sound comes out of the headphones. The only sound you can get is from the phone it self. You can have speakerphone on where everyone can hear it or you can hold it up to your ear like you are talking on it and hear the music that way. But I have yet to find out how to use the headphones.
    I have this problem as well, and had to get my phone exchanged through TMO. I tried pushing in the jack further, but to no avail. Good luck!
    05-25-08 04:49 PM
    Make sure you plug them in all the way. It does take some force, as they don't slide in all the way. I had this problem also. The headphones the blackberry comes packaged with aren't the best quality. I used another pair, pushed them in all the way (all 3 pins) and sound came out of the headphones automatically. Hope this helps.
    05-25-08 04:59 PM
    wow..yup you have to shove it in hard..but it works!
    05-26-08 04:32 PM
    Haha. Yeah, I thought there was a problem with it when I first got it too. It's pretty hard to shove the jack in the first few times, but get it all the way in and it works fine. I don't do any menu setups or anything. Just plug in the headphones and music switches to that instead of the phone speakers.
    05-26-08 07:03 PM
    Is there any way to get music to play out of my mororola blue tooth headset? Music seems to only play out of the phone with the wire headphones, or through the speaker. it would be schweet if the audio would stream strait to the blue tooth. help help help!
    06-02-08 11:33 PM
    I had no sound either, then I purchased an adapter from Radio Shack and it didn't work with BB. I purchased another that said it worked and it did! THen 2 weeks later I tried it on a flight and it would come through the earbuds for about a half second, then through the handset speaker only. I can't get it to work again with the earbuds. ANyone have that happen????
    07-24-08 06:17 PM
    I think I figured it out. The headset adapter I have has a push button which pauses the media player and answers a call, a volume control and a switch for mute/(something else) I can't understand the symbol but that was in the wrong position and when I put it back and turned up the volume, it works! I'll have to make sure I check all possibilities before assuming it's not working.
    07-29-08 07:48 PM
    Haha. Yeah, I thought there was a problem with it when I first got it too. It's pretty hard to shove the jack in the first few times, but get it all the way in and it works fine. I don't do any menu setups or anything. Just plug in the headphones and music switches to that instead of the phone speakers.
    Same issue - I had to push the headphone jack in pretty hard until it worked. When I originally pushed it in to where I thought it should stop, all I heard was clicking noises in the ear buds. Now I finally pushed hard and voila, music.
    07-30-08 02:24 PM
    I love this site. I was having the same problem and it was just that I didn't have the jack pushed in all the way. You really have to shove it in there. Thanks everyone.
    11-06-08 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD