Hello,

I am new to BB phones. I like the web surfing (it's not as cool as an iPhone, but it's more advanced than my old Nokia). However, I need to access a password-protected server management tool. I can log in, but the resulting page does not allow me to 'surf' it -- the links don't work. My pointer will scroll over the link, but not allow me to select items.

Is there a way to FORCE the browser to only be WAP, or otherwise work with pw-protected pages?
    02-27-08 12:10 PM
    I would guess the browser doesn't support some scripting that is on the page.
    Have you tried Opera instead? opera.com from your phone will take you there. Proper browser
    02-27-08 01:11 PM
    Nice. I downloaded 3.1 low mem version and it now shows up in the 8120 list of apps.

But how do I know (or select) it is my default browser? It doesn't appear in my browserptions:browser configuration list.
    02-27-08 03:04 PM
    it should appear as an icon on your applications screen...

It looks like a big red "O"

-db
    02-27-08 03:21 PM
    And here I was spending all my time looking at the options for the default 'browser' icon. Thank you, thank you.

Sadly, when I launch the Opera Mini v3, it tells me it isn't connected to the internet. The other browser allows me to surf just fine from my wifi connection, and there is another report that Opera Mini isn't working on a Pearl today. Proxy server down? Bummer.

I really like this phone, but some of the features are underwhelming thus far. RIM's website (or where I'd like to post questions and suggestions) seems a bit difficult to use for leaving feedback, too.

Do any of the RIM folks lurk around here?
    02-27-08 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD