I'm with cellular south trying to connect 8130 to the internet via laptop. Is there a way? Please help!
    07-05-09 06:13 AM
    i would also like to know this. i have the program for it but was curious if sprint would charge extra.
    07-05-09 02:42 PM
    technically, I don't think the carrier is legally aloud to distinguish between regular data usage and anything else. If there is a way for them to. On my network I create a Modem connection that dials #777 and the logon info is my BIS name and password.

I wouldn't use it as a primary connection, I'm sure if they see massive ammounts of data constantly coming thru they will figure it out. I only use mine if I can't find a free WiFi for my latop.
    07-07-09 11:55 AM
    I should also say that most carriers do charge for tethering which is what this is. Becareful and don't get pissy with me if they end up charging you.
    07-07-09 11:58 AM
    Sprint charges $15/mo for phone as modem, dunno about other carriers. I've never tried the trick of setting of your laptop to dial through the phone as modem to #777, interesting. The bandwidth would be pokey by today's standards...
    07-07-09 12:36 PM
    Mine consistantly gets 850+k on speed tests. Not bad speeds at all I don't think, especially for checking email and general surfing. I remember playing games on slower speeds back in the day.

But then again, checking email is the main intent of a BB....now i have no clue why i would want to tether....
    07-07-09 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD