Hello all,

My fiance and I are new Blackberry users. I have the Curve and it works great. She got a pink Pearl 8130 and it seems to be ok, except for one issue.

We are using PocketMac on an Intel iMac with all current software updates. She has enabled mass storage mode on her phone. We also have a 4gb micro SD card installed in her phone. Whenever she inserts the USB cable to sync the phone, it causes the phone to power-down and restart and we get an error message from PocketMac because it isn't able to sync with the phone.

My Curve syncs fine on my user profile on my iMac. It transfered all my iCal, Address Book, iTunes and other information just fine; but when she logs in and syncs her phone, her phone crashes.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance...
    10-02-08 02:01 AM
    I have a new 8330 from Sprint. I tried to connect it to my Toshiba (Windows XP) laptop before installing any of the BB software. The BB would prompt for Mass Storage Mode. Regardless of how I answer, my curve powers off after the Red LED lights up. Next, I installed the latest BB Desktop software. Same problem. Specifically, before it powers down, it connects and disconnects several time (e.g., the windows USB connect/disconnect tone sounds). I finally tried to remove and resintall the BB Desktop SW. That didn't work.

Next, I borrowed a different XP laptop from my work and installed the BB Desktop SW. My curve works fine when hooked up to that laptop. I use my USB ports on my Toshiba almost daily. I've never had a problem with ANY peripherals. For that matter, the BB should NEVER power when connected to a computer. The fact it does power down indicates a Blackberry problem.

I still don't have a solution for this.
    12-26-08 12:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD