I'm new to the blackberry world but I was wondering if the PC software that comes with the 8110 allows you to create/add information from your desktop or if you must input new contacts directly on the device itself.
    02-17-08 12:14 AM
    If you are syncing with outlook you can input informaiton in outlook, then sync it to your BB, and vice versa.
    02-17-08 12:58 AM
    Google calendar is a great option if you don have Outlook. Currently Im unable to synch my calendar to my bb thru Outlook, so Im thinking go using google . Unfortunately my work doesn't support Google's page code for some reason, so I cant make entries from work.
    02-17-08 12:41 PM
    I'm hoping to get mine synched to my outlook next week. Will the data sync on it's own...or do I have to connect my BB to the computer via USB?

I must admitt....I tried to install the BB tools CD on the computer and it doesn't seem to offer much. I feel like I'm missing something......no way to edit contacts, e-mails, etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. My plan is to call a verizon tech on Tuesday when I'm sitting in front of my office PC.
    02-17-08 01:21 PM
    You will have to connect your phone to your computer via a USB cable. You can set up Desktop Manager to automatically sync your data when you connect.
    02-17-08 01:27 PM
    I fought it too. Having come from Palm that comes free with a fairly decent contact/calendar/task manager, I was really starting to resent the BB since I did not own Outlook. I tried Google calendar, but until it has tasks, memos, and contacts- it's too messy to have everything spread out over different programs and web sites.

I broke down and bought Outlook 2007 for like 100 bucks. I'm very pleased with it. It is much cleaner than Palm Desktop, and also gives me the added bonus of using it for email. That way, I don't have to run email from a separate program as I have always had to do.

It sucks to have to go spend another hundred bucks after having just bought a new phone, but I really don't know that you have any other options (unless you want to try Yahoo. It comes with a free calendar and contact manager. I think it may have tasks and/or memos too). For me, that wasn't really a good option either, because I like to use Gmail, which would mean that I would have yet another separate app running. Outlook fixed my problems.
    02-17-08 01:57 PM
    Mister-

Have you been able to set up automatic sync with your Outlook account? I'm trying to avoid having to plug my device into the computer via USB every time I add an event. I'm hoping you can...
    02-17-08 07:04 PM
    Why do you want to avoid plugging your phone in? I plug my phone in to charge it anyway...
    02-17-08 07:10 PM
    Mister-

Have you been able to set up automatic sync with your Outlook account? I'm trying to avoid having to plug my device into the computer via USB every time I add an event. I'm hoping you can...
    The only way to sync your data without connecting the BB to the computer is to use BES. It syncs wirelessly. If you are using BIS you will need to attached the BB with the USB cable to sync.
    02-17-08 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD