Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Update Crash

I have a 8110 and yesterday while attempting to update the software from the Blackberry website, my phone crashed.

It either, got disconnected during the upload, or my phone just dissapoints me.

There is no software on the phone, all that happens in the light flashes red about ever 3-5 seconds. I can't turn it on, I can't reset it. And I cannot for the life of me install the new software.

What should I do and what am I doing wrong?!?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Check the Blackberry 101 link under Blackberry Help above and read the one about restoring the OS to a bricked phone as that may help you.

I had a similar issue, but my phone did load software. Reloading the OS fixed everything for me.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by gyumolcs View Post
    I have a 8110 and yesterday while attempting to update the software from the Blackberry website, my phone crashed.

It either, got disconnected during the upload, or my phone just dissapoints me.

There is no software on the phone, all that happens in the light flashes red about ever 3-5 seconds. I can't turn it on, I can't reset it. And I cannot for the life of me install the new software.

What should I do and what am I doing wrong?!?
    did you get this figured out... I'm having the same problem
    CrackBerry Newbie

Angry

I am having the EXACT same thing happening with my phone.
    I can't get it to turn on or anything. it juss sits there n flashes the red LED light. I don't know how to fix it or anything.

Did you get it to work?? If so how??
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,503 Global Posts

Did you try this.
    How do I Recover a Dead BlackBerry?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com