I have a Verizon 8130, and I loaded 600+ songs on it totaling far less then the 4 GB MSD card I have in it. I loaded these songs with no conversion and after I first did this, everything worked fine. Now for whatever reason, more then half the songs dont show up on the device. When I plug the device into the PC, I can see and play them through my pc. The songs are not on my PC, so I know the SD card is ok. I have tried reformatting the MSD card, and different conversion options with little success. In fact when I tried the "Optimal Conversion" option, it essentially made all my songs unfindable, making the artist "unknown". The files are coming from Itunes, so I am not sure what the deal is.

Appeciate any help on it.
    03-05-08 08:56 AM
    I've noticed a similar thing. I usually shuffle all songs and had one song play just fine. When I went to look for the song, it didn't show up in the list of songs or even under the artist's name. I know the ID3 tag information is correct, and the album art displayed when the song did play. For some reason, not all of the loaded songs are in the song list. I'd love to find a solution to this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-08 02:03 PM
    Try a battery pull. With your BB turned on, take out the battery for a few seconds, then put it back in.
    03-05-08 02:21 PM
    Whenever you load new songs, you need to pull the battery becuase the media manager does not always update correctly. After the pull, it should work fine.
    03-05-08 06:43 PM
    I know this is a little late, but I had the same problem with some of my mp3's. I have searched and never found an answer. I finally did some of my own testing and found the solution to my problem came when using a 3rd party ID3 tag editor - mp3tag. All of my music had been properly edited in iTunes and WMP, but would show up as unknown in my BB Curve. When looking at the files in mp3tag, I noticed that the trait that showed up in all of the files the BB listed as "unknown" was text in the "Comment" field of the ID3 tag. Upon selecting all of my mp3's and clearing the "Comment" field, all of my music magically worked flawlessly in my BB. Again, this might not be the solution for everyone and it is waaaayyyy late as a response, but I finally figured it out for myself and have never seen this solution published anywhere else. I hope this helps someone else!
    11-04-08 05:58 PM
    This happens to me as well some times...
    I use BB media sync to import all my music/playlists to my 8130 pearl.

When I go to find certain artists, songs they are missing from the list... But later they show up?!

I think the larger your song library, the longer it will take to be properly listed....loaded.

I only notice this imediately after connection to my pc, usually in mass media mode...

Hope it helps!

P~

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-08 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD