Dear all,

I followed instructions in the forum to wipe out and reinstall OS in my blackberry 8110 (pearl) from Cingular (AT and T). These are the steps I followed:

1. Install JL_Cmder and then wiped out blackberry
    2. Blackberry screen now shows 507 (Forums tell me that OS need to be installed)
    3. I download the blackberry desktop software and device software from AT and T (Ver 4.3 both). I installed them on my PC.
    4. I connected my BB device to the PC and started the Desktop manager. It doesn't show me any updates.

My BB device is pretty much unusable now and I tried downloading higher versions like 4.6 for desktop and 4.5 for the OS but still i am unable to see any updates for the device. I also deleted the vendor.xml file when not using the AT and T files.

This is the error I get

The blackberry desktop software did not find the blackberry device software
    09-29-08 11:16 PM
    Are you certain that you downloaded and installed the correct OS for your device model?
    09-29-08 11:22 PM
    Sunkast, I checked this part. I think I am downloading the correct version. Now that I have wiped the OS, is there a way to find out what model my blackberry is? If I use JL_Cmder, the hardware id returned is Hardware Id: 0x84000d03. Does this mean 8110?
    09-29-08 11:27 PM
    Huh? You don't know what model you have? Your profile info says you have an 8110... You should download the OS for the 8110.
    09-29-08 11:32 PM
    Weird! Now I am getting another error. It says Email Setup Application cannot be loaded because required files are missing. This is when using Device Software ver 4.3.
    09-29-08 11:33 PM
    Sunkast, I bought it off Craigslist yesterday. The seller mentioned its 8110 and the pictures online resemble the one I have. This one doesnt have wifi which means it should be 8110.
    09-29-08 11:35 PM
    Sunkast, thank you for asking the right question. I found that the model is 8100c and not 8110. After downloading the right device software, it worked.
    09-30-08 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD