HI - don't kill me if I'm in the wrong forum..lol - I'm still kinda new and it looks like you can't post in the wifi forum and.....it concerns the Pearl 8120

I have mobile hotspots at home and have my bb set up as wifi preferred and overall all is fine. At work, I am able to connect to the wifi. Today I was out and about and scanned for a network and found an open one and clicked to connect. It showed I was connected but no wifi. I started looking though the different options and clicked on the troubleshooting and it was an 00000 don't know how many 0's 06 error. Does anyone know what that is? It was a public place (hotel) with open access, Why could I connect but not really be connected. There was no log on screen or anything. The network I connect to at work is not a Tmo hotspot and I have no issue so I was wondering why this happened with this one.

Any insight would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Miz.Michele; 07-04-08 at 01:26 AM.
    07-03-08 10:35 PM
    I am not sure. I havent faced such a problem but yes I cannot connect if:

1. The signal is weak
    2. I dont enter the username/pw....even if it connects you gotta open a web broswer and then the browser takes you to the login page

But then you say its open acccess...try point #2 anyway and see what happens. Try switching off/on your wifi adapter and battery pull as the third option.
    07-03-08 11:32 PM
    Thanks. The signal was real good. So far I have not yet had to go to a log on page for any place that I connected from. I just did a battery pull and am going to look-up that #06 error and see if I can figure out what that is all 'bout and I am gonna try the good ole battery pull....ty
    07-04-08 01:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD