My 8130 pearl all of the sudden stopped allowing me to type password on the internet...each time a press a key it types a symbol(num, letter, or whatever) its def not suretype because I deleted it. Is that what caused this? I did a restore to a date previous to deleting suretype but it didn't bring it back....Have I screwed up my Crackberry??? I've searched and searched...I can't seem to find anything.

PS I used maxmem to delete suretype...I hate to restore suretype because I love the extra memory...
    07-28-09 09:19 PM
    so did this problem start immediately after you deleted suretype?
    07-29-09 11:35 AM
    I'm not totally sure...I didn't try to log into any sites the same day. That's the only thing I can think of that would cause this. Like I said, when I try to type in password fields only, everytime I press a key a * appears so I can't multitap. This is driving me nuts. I restored to and earlier back up and that changed nothing. Somebody help!!!
    07-30-09 04:15 AM
    I used maxmem last night and deleted some stuff and now my phone doesnt work anymore either
    07-30-09 10:00 PM
    OP: the * is a security feature just like on a regular computer!! You can multitap you just have to be kind of quick with it to see the letters. There is nothing wrong with your phone as this is a security feature!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 03:38 AM
    is that supposed to be a joke? Yes...I did try hitting the keys really fast...and no thats not it.
    07-31-09 05:24 AM
    problem solved....reloaded OS
    07-31-09 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD