Sorry for the noob like post, but if you guys can help, I'd really appreciate it.

I have Sprint and apparently I've talked 667 minutes this past month when I was nowhere near that amount, I should havehad 300 free minutes and all and got charged 250-ish dollars. So this lead me to wonder about my roaming, I figured out that the blue triangle is the roaming icon.

But how do I turn off roaming so I can't get any charges from roaming? Under Data Services, I turn if "off" of "off when roaming"? Thanks.
    08-04-08 06:23 PM
    I dont think there is a way to turn off roaming. Your just going to have to look to make sure the roaming icon isnt there before you call or go online. I could be wrong though, so best of luck!
    08-04-08 06:35 PM

But how do I turn off roaming so I can't get any charges from roaming? Under Data Services, I turn if "off" of "off when roaming"? Thanks.
    That solution should only turn off your data services while roaming, and not your ability to restrict roaming phone calls.

I have not tried this, but if you go to "manage connections" > "mobile network options" > "Network Selection Mode" there is an option for "HOME ONLY" My guess is that Sprint PCS is your home only option, and that might take care of your problem.

I just changed my plan with Sprint to a newer plan that includes roaming and it was actually the same price that I was paying before the switch.
    08-04-08 06:44 PM
    First, I'd sure talk to my cell company if I were you about the 300 "free" minutes you were supposed to have.
    There is no way to "turn off" roaming. When you are out of your "local" calling area, you automatically go to "roaming". You just need to be aware of that when you are out and about!
    I updated to a national calling plan, and I have NO roaming charges!
    08-04-08 09:51 PM
    Alright so I put it on Home Only, but if I get a call in a roaming area, will it notify me that call coming in is roaming also? I live in Ohio, but right now I'm in North Carolina so does that mean all my calls are auto-roaming?
    Thanks for the replies.
    08-05-08 10:57 AM
    rebirth, I thought roaming was included for free on all the new sprint plans. I guess not. I bet if you called them they would include it in your plan. good luck
    08-05-08 11:12 AM
    I think I'll call about that later today, thanks.
    08-05-08 12:41 PM
    You can try turning off your Mobile Network connection and then turning it back on. It works for me on the very rare times (like 5 minutesa ago) the phone says I'm roaming even though I'm in a strong Sprint signal area.
    08-31-08 01:09 PM
    This is an option that can not be disabled.

activeota.com
    08-31-08 06:07 PM
    Your plan should include Roaming and yes you can turn it on and off if you have to by going to mannage connections -- Mobile network options ----Network selection mode ----- choose the option "home only"
    01-03-09 11:43 AM
    Ok I'm confused, when added my blackberry I had to carry a blackberry data plan and was told that all my data services where though blackberry and that blackberry data services are nationwide? Is this issue caused by her having a data plan though Sprint and not Blackberry?
    01-14-09 08:02 PM
    On my Q10 running 10.1.0.4211 I was able to go to System Settings, select Network Connections, then select Mobile Network (Sprint), under Data services while roaming you have the option to change to Off.
    02-27-14 01:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD