While charging my 8130 at night (with travel charger) I receive e-mails in the middle of the night. I need to leave my phone on since so I can receive emergency calls. Which menu do I use to turn off the alerts?
    This site is great for new BB users like me! Thanks
    01-14-08 12:57 PM
    You should use your profiles. I use normal during the day and get all of those alerts and then quiet at night.
    The normal profile has beeps, boops, vibrations and LED. The quiet alert has nothing - not even LED. I think it defaults to no alerts for the phone either so you will want to adjust that.
    Go to Profiles and click on that then scroll to the bottom to advanced and then adjust those two profiles to your taste.
    01-14-08 01:00 PM
    Thanks, I knew there was an easy way to do this. I did not think about using different profiles during the day.
    01-14-08 01:12 PM
    The quiet alert has nothing - not even LED.
    In Quiet Profile the default Repeat Notification for most of the alerts is LED Flashing. You'd have to edit that if you don't want the LED.
    01-14-08 01:28 PM
    This is not an out of box option for Treos. I got a message one night at 2 am. I had to grab my phone before my wife could because she was going to hurl it....
    So now I am normal during the day and quiet at night. Well I mean my berry is normal then quiet.
    01-14-08 01:28 PM
    vhjjkhjknk
    01-14-08 02:01 PM
    Is there a way to turn off the audio alerts during the day but keep the ringer on for the phone? Is that the "phone only" option? Does this option leave out the exeption contacts I have specific ring tones for?
    04-08-08 05:41 PM
    Here is a question.

I have set up an e mail to forward to my phone but it doesnt forward. It only goes to my messages not the icon with the globe on it. How do i get it to go there?
    04-09-08 07:26 AM
    I use phone only at night! No email or SMS alerts, just the phone!

Heather B - what icon with a globe are you refering to? Are you saying you forwarded one email or all emails in an account? Did you set it up in Outlook as a rule or via the BIS site? I'm afraid you'll need to be more specific if you need help!

~P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-08 10:14 PM
    Is there a way to turn off the audio alerts during the day but keep the ringer on for the phone? Is that the "phone only" option? Does this option leave out the exeption contacts I have specific ring tones for?
    are you tried profile/phone ??
    04-09-08 10:18 PM
    use the phone only option. if you want to see what it does, go to profiles, advanced, phone only, menu, edit and see what all the settings are and make them what you want. I use phone only a lot when my wife and I are both home so she doesn't get mad at me for being an addict and jumping at every sound.
    04-09-08 10:25 PM
    You should use your profiles. I use normal during the day and get all of those alerts and then quiet at night.
    The normal profile has beeps, boops, vibrations and LED. The quiet alert has nothing - not even LED. I think it defaults to no alerts for the phone either so you will want to adjust that.
    Go to Profiles and click on that then scroll to the bottom to advanced and then adjust those two profiles to your taste.
    is there an automatic way to change your profiles? like if you have one for day and another for night, can you set specific times for it to chg profiles??
    05-01-08 06:00 AM
    is there an automatic way to change your profiles? like if you have one for day and another for night, can you set specific times for it to chg profiles??
    A 3rd party app is required for this, such as:
    BlackBerry Profile Scheduler - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    05-01-08 06:04 AM
    I usually turn off my email (mobile service) except when I need to check it or use the browser. With "mobile service" turned off, I can still make and receive phone calls, but not be bothered with email alerts all the time.
    05-01-08 11:31 AM
    I have a question:

I want to be alerted if I get an e-mail to my gmail account, but not for my work account. This is irritating to me because I will be sitting at work in front of my computer and I can see my e-mails on both my Outlook and my Blackberry. I want to be able to get to my work e-mail when I need to, but not have to go through and open everything on my Blackberry when I have already seen all those e-mails on my computer screen. Are there any solutions to this?
    02-01-09 01:10 PM
    I do not think it is possible to turn one off, other then deleting the profile in the Blackberry Interenet Service (BIS) and then adding it back on.
    05-27-09 01:51 PM
    Just got a Tour last week and was awakened at 4am three times by my email. I had turned all notifiers to off/silent in email settings profile, to no avail. Deleted and re-added email address. Reset phone by pulling out battery. Nothing worked, though when I looked at settings, it confirmed they were off/silent. Took the phone to Verizon and after about an hour the Crackberry pro there figured out that you have to customize ALL your settings and use the "other" (customized) profile to make the settings stick, or change your profile to quiet every night before you go to bed (not willing to do that). He put all my settings just as I had them, but under the "other" setting in the profiles. Now I finally have email peace and quiet without having to remember to change the profiles before falling asleep. Hope this helps others. Now I can love my Crackberry.
    07-28-09 09:58 PM
    thanks, works great on Curve 8320.
    12-08-09 11:04 PM
    Another way to do this is Options>Security Options>Firewall>Enable> select what you want blocked>Escape and save. It is easy to go back in and disable the Firewall when you want to receive messages again.

12-09-09 12:26 AM
    use the phone only option. if you want to see what it does, go to profiles, advanced, phone only, menu, edit and see what all the settings are and make them what you want. I use phone only a lot when my wife and I are both home so she doesn't get mad at me for being an addict and jumping at every sound.
    thanks....very helpful!!!
    12-12-09 03:57 PM
    Another way to do this is Options>Security Options>Firewall>Enable> select what you want blocked>Escape and save. It is easy to go back in and disable the Firewall when you want to receive messages again.

Thanks for the Firewall info!

Just to clarify, when you block BIS in the firewall, you will not receive emails on your blackberry device, but you will receive them in outlook. when you unblock BIS, the old emails don't come through, only new emails sent after you remove the firewall block... if that makes sense.

Options>Security Options>Firewall>Enable> check Blackberry Internet Service (BIS), and save!

SO, this is great for people like me, who sit and work in front of the computer most of the day -- I don't need to receive my emails on both my computer and my blackberry when I have outlook open in front of me. when I am away from my desk and I WANT to be able to receive emails, I can easily unblock BIS and start receiving new emails only, so as not to clutter up my BB inbox. perfect!

hope this helps to make this clearer, and thanks so much for the help everyone!

-J
    03-08-10 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD