Hi all,

New to Blackberry (12-year PalmOS user) and loving it! One thing I would like, in support of my, shall we say, older eyes, is the ability to have the keyboard light turn on when I type something. As it is, the keyboard light is managed, apparently, by the ambient light sensor. Problem is, I need the light on most all the time so I can read the letters on the keys.

I've searched extensively here, internet and newsgroups to no avail. Wondering if anyone here knows how I can make this happen.

Specifically: allow the light to dim as it will, but make it turn on, as the screen does, whenever I press a key, and stay on as long as I'm typing.

Thanks!
    Don
    04-02-08 06:33 PM
    Probably should have mentioned: Pearl on Sprint, new a couple of weeks ago.

Sorry!
    04-02-08 06:34 PM
    No Don, sorry to say the keypad backlight is completely controlled by the light sensor and can not be user overridden.
    04-03-08 05:55 AM
    Hmmm...I have Sprint as well. My keyboard lights up all the time. Every time I use it the keyboard and trackball light up. Am I missing something here?
    04-03-08 07:11 AM
    i too am completely frustrated by the insanity that is blackberry - what sort of phone has a keyboard that you cannot light up ???? No fixes ?!!!!!
    12-20-11 04:10 AM
    The brighter the backlight setting, the brighter the keyboard will be. Usually, the brighter the setting, the less sensitive the ambient light sensor will be to turn off the keyboard backlight in the first place.
    12-23-11 07:45 AM
    Holy thread revival batman!
    12-24-11 02:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD