I just did the update and think something was deleted that is anoying or it's me.

I have some pics from my gmail acct that when I saved them on my BB I want them original size so i can zoom in and see certain features. Well now I can't seem to get it to do that anymore. It just wants to save images as re-sized for my pearl.

What am I doing wrong here,

Thanks guys...
    12-17-08 03:48 PM
    I am doing some testing, trying to duplicate your symptoms.

Have you used Media / Explore to verify what has changed in the image file size?

The test image is 1 Mb, it opens with BlackBerry Attachments Manager. That allows me to select View Actual Size or Fit to Screen. The full size image allows me to scroll around and view detail.

The saved copy, a 1 Mb files can be opened with Media / Explore with similar features.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 12-17-08 at 04:17 PM.
    12-17-08 04:09 PM
    Ok
    I have a pic from gmail that originally was 825k and I want to store it on my card that size,

I have room on the card for it as well.

When I click on the image it opens the attachment and then when I go to save it the only option I have is Save Image,

It will auto re-size it down to 11kb

I have tried looking in the menu list once the image is opened and I am viewing it and the only option is to zoom, but it gets blury b/c it's only 11kb, not 825k as the original.
    12-17-08 04:36 PM
    Ahh... Interesting.

I opened the image and located the Save File command. The saved image is 13 Kb, much smaller then the test 1 Mb image.

When you open the message and select the attachment, choose Download Attachment to get the full sized image.
    12-17-08 05:01 PM
    Thanks, I'll try that today and hopefully thats it.
    12-18-08 08:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD