I Kno People have been Complaining bout call logs and messages Disappearing on the 8130, I'm tired of it. I wake up and notice I have missed calls and as soon as click 2 see it there gone its annoying! Is there anything I can do?
    01-25-08 12:34 AM
    You mean TIRED?

your call logs shouldnt delete themselves that quickly... you should do a hard reset once daily and have at least 5mb free, but i recommend 10mb

my free space fluctuates between 15 and 4 mbs and I have gone 2 weeks without losing any logs... and i have 8130 on verizon...

Just delete stuff you don't need, and do a hard reset daily and you should be OK
    01-25-08 01:42 AM
    01-25-08 06:28 AM
    I updated to the AllTel .81 update and haven't had my call logs disappear since I updated. I also have the soft reset app installed. I have rebooted the phone once in 2 weeks since I updated also. After the upgrade I had roughly 14mb free and that's with jivetalk, bbweather, google apps installed and running....update!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-08 07:24 AM
    Would you please post a link to the Alltel 81 update? Also how can I find out what version I am running?
    Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-08 10:45 PM
    This thread discusses the .81 upgrade http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/all...ailable-13470/

To see your OS version: Options>About
    01-26-08 07:40 AM
    i have the same problem! I dropped my phone recently, can that be a reason? probably not, but it keeps none of my messages nor col logs.. and when i go to status in the properties it says that i have 0.0/0.0 K for texts and logs... what is going on?
    02-21-08 07:03 AM
    I had my phone for 3 days - I kid you not - when it suddenly deleted ALL of my texts - and I couldn't even RECEIVE texts! The little envelope would flash that I had a new message and then disappear instantaneously. After doing an hour of online research and testing myself - I found what worked for my blackberry pearl.
    FREE UP THE MEMORY! It worked for me anyway. So that could be what the problem is for everyone. I found four ways to do this.

1. get rid of the apps you downloaded. I had downloaded a whole bunch of google apps - and when i got rid of just one - i was able to view my texts (although - all the sent ones during my low memory disappeared somewhere and I guess i'll never get to view them!)

2. delete the default video the phone comes with (i think you can only do this when you plug your phone into the computer - because I can't seem to do it just from phone options).

3. don't let programs run! i learned from a sweet blog that if you don't actually hit menu and CLOSE the application (and you just hit escape) the program still runs in the background...like minimizing on a computer. if you hit the "alt" key (weird key with arrows button left) and then the escape key (reverse arrow top right) you will see which programs are running.

4. memory card. I didn't get one - but i am learning now I guess I should go back and get it - i didn't realize how temperamental this thing was gonna be.

if anyone has any more suggestions or thinks there is a better way then PLEASE let me know!!!!!!! these are just ideas i got from research adn they worked for me.
    03-17-08 11:01 PM
    hey I had same problem this morning.... verizon told me it is a known issue and you have to download the new updated Blackberry Desktop Software v4.3.

go to- blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

I installed the update and it works fine now. It defiantly fixed my problem.
    03-17-08 11:55 PM
    I am having the same issue with the call logs. My pearl will say 1 missed call and as soon as I check it, the missed call is gone. It will also delete my call log after I get a few calls but I have a 1GB media memory card. I went to download the software v4.3 and the webpage provided was expired. My blackberry also will only accept bluetooth files from certain phones. The ones it rejects will give me an error "Filename contains errors" on my phone but I can send files to the phones. I am having alot of trouble. Can someone please HELP!!!
    03-18-08 12:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD