hey
    i have a macbook and a imac, these are my only computers and i recently had a bb 7130e which doesnt support media so i never looked into it, and currently i have pocketmac for the blackberry but there is no wheres to transfer media.

am i correct in saying that i cannot do this on a mac?

if so, is there an option or program i can get that will allow me to do this without using a windows computer , or duel booting my mac to run windows?

plz help?

thanks

sean
    03-17-08 05:25 PM
    With a media card card inserted, you need to set the Mass Storage option to Yes. Then when connect the BB to your Mac it will show up as a separate drive and you can drag your files back and forth that way.

Also, you can install software using Pocket Mac and selecting the "Utilities' menu.

Congrats on the new Pearl!
    03-17-08 06:34 PM
    With a media card card inserted, you need to set the Mass Storage option to Yes. Then when connect the BB to your Mac it will show up as a separate drive and you can drag your files back and forth that way.

Also, you can install software using Pocket Mac and selecting the "Utilities' menu.

Congrats on the new Pearl!
    BBs didn't have the option for a media card until 8xxx series.
    03-17-08 07:01 PM
    haha thanks for the info, it worked!

ya i got the blackberry new, for a ridonkulous price! under $150 outright.
    03-17-08 07:03 PM
    You may want to be careful when transferring large media files (ie...podcasts, movies) to your Pearl with the Mac. I have an intel iMac and have found that if I try to transfer more than 4-8 files in one batch that it will cause to phone to reset and interrupt the transfer. Then I usually got a memory card read error after that and had to format the card. Strangely enough I never have this problem with my 5 year old Windoze laptop (that I hate using).
    03-18-08 08:47 AM
    BBs didn't have the option for a media card until 8xxx series.
    I realize that but Sean was asking for a Pearl.
    03-18-08 06:19 PM
    haha thanks for the info, it worked!

ya i got the blackberry new, for a ridonkulous price! under $150 outright.
    You're welcome Sean. Glad I could help!
    03-18-08 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD