i have an older Tungsten E and would like to start transferring some .prc .pdb and .htm files to my new BB Pearl. Is this possible? I have previously synchronized the Tungsten E to my iMac with HotSync and would be using the iMac for placing programs on the new BB Pearl...if possible?! Some of the programs are very specific and I believe made for a PDA, including the 5 minute veterinary equine consult and the Veterinary Drug handbook 5th edition. Thanks for any thoughts on this matter.
    03-31-09 11:50 PM
    I think you're out of luck as both .prc and .pdb files are Palm OS applications and can't be installed onto the BB OS.
    As for installing programs from the iMac; There are programs that will allow you to sync your contacts, calendars etc. but there's nothing I've found that works for installing BB applications from Mac OS - I have to use my windows box if I want to install applications.
    04-01-09 05:13 AM
    THanks for the speedy reply....perhaps one day this can all communicate....hate to ask but have you heard of the new upcoming palm phone? perhaps that is the only one that would jive with all the files.
    04-01-09 09:47 AM
    I've not really followed Palms new releases but I'm guessing their either running Windows Mobile or Palm OS. Which means any applications will still only work on those platforms. Much like how an application built for Windows won't run on Mac OS. Different architectures and whatnot.
    04-01-09 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD