my trackball wont go left and ive tried 3 trackballs, one of them way brand new

ive sprayed it with wd 40 and cleaned them out but it still wont move left at all

where are the sensors which pick up the movement?
    ive cleaned out the circuit board type thing under neath the track ball area as well!

very annoying as ive had it for more than a year now! :'(
    10-01-09 03:32 PM
    Look at where the trackball fits. There should be 4 little squares. These pick up the movement of the little rollers on the trackball.

If one is missing then there is your problem.

If they are all there then one could be faulty.

I am unsure if these can be repaired but I do think that they would be tricky to fix.

if you are insured, send it away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 03:35 PM
    WD40 is a bad idea, that's going to decrease the amount of friction you need to move the ball.

This might not be your problem but I wouldn't use it in the future if I were you.
    10-01-09 04:47 PM
    I was thinking the same thing about the wd40. Its best to have a perfectly dry TB. No oily stuff at all. I clean mine with alcohol to get rid of the oils from my thumb.

10-01-09 06:18 PM
    If you are going to clean it I would use contact cleaner. I will clear away all the grime and oils and evaporate away safely.

And is doesn't stink like WD40

Do make sure the BB is off when you do this.

10-03-09 04:38 AM
    WD40 is a definate negative, just throw some alcohol on a Q tip and try that
    10-03-09 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD