So...about 2 weeks ago, whilst in the midst of a rousing SMS conversation, the trackball stopped 'sending'...instead, when pressed, it turned on my camera. I turned it off, removed the battery, turned it on, didn't work, flipped out, turned it off and removed the battery a few more times, and it finally started working again. (prolly about 45min timespan)
    Today, it started happening again. It's been going on for 4 hours and I'm really getting concerned. I don't think it's gotten wet? I removed the trackball, and cleaned it. It doesn't work! I'm losing my mind! Any ideas??
    04-27-09 04:24 PM
    You might try getting a new trackball. If you do not want to mess with doing that take it in to Alltel and tell them your issues.
    04-27-09 04:35 PM
    the blasted thing is working again. LOL
    Ima have to take it in ASAP.

Thanks a lot fishoutofwater !!
    04-27-09 04:37 PM
    My trackball went insane a while back and every time I tried to scroll my camera came on and started taking endless pictures! I pulled the battery but the same thing happened whenever I tried to use the trackball. Replacing the trackball didn't help but then out of frustration my boyfriend and I poked the stuff that lies under the trackball with a magnet and it started working fine again.

I don't know if that was pure dumb luck that we didn't fry anything or if it's really a solution. But if you're out of options it might be worth a shot.
    04-27-09 11:39 PM
    I would definitely take it to your carrier. Taking the trackball out yourself voids the warranty. If you are withing warrant (one year after purchasing the device) they should be able to swap it out for a refurb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 07:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD