Today for the first time I stopped receiving emails for some reason. A few minutes ago my trackball light went out & now the trackball will only scroll horizontally & will not scroll vertically. Anyone ever have this problem?
    03-20-08 03:16 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull yet?
    03-20-08 03:26 PM
    yeah, did that a couple of times. all of a sudden this afternoon i got all emails from the entire day. not sure what the issue is there. however, my trackball still won't work. stopped by a verizon store & they said i have to send it back for a replacement.
    03-20-08 06:27 PM
    If you're feeling brave, you could order a new track ball. Search thru this subforum, you'll find a Verizon trackball thread, the latter pages will have peoples accounts of swapping out their trackballs for replacements.

It sounds easy, but i haven't had any problems yet, so i haven't had the need to try.
    03-21-08 10:53 AM
    ptguard,

This may sound crazy, but my trackball and email are doing the exact same thing.

I can move up and horizontally, but moving down, it acts like its stuck or something.

As for email, it's really weird. Since I have had my pearl (8 weeks), I have always received my emails instantly, usually before they hit my inbox on my computer. However, now I get about 1 in every 5 emails on my blackberry.

I did some testing and here is what I found. I sent 4 emails to my inbox in rapid succession, with the text : test 1, test 2, test 3, and test 4 respectively.

I received nothing on my blackberry, but they showed up immediately in my inbox.

I waited 20 minutes and sent test 5 email and I almost immediately got an email on my blackberry. Thinking all was good, I checked it and it was actually test #1 email. Weird, because that was the only one I got, even though 1-4 were sent within 10 seconds of one another. So I sent test #6 and rec'd nothing. Waited a few minutes and sent test # 7 and rec'd an email for test #5.

I'm up to test # 32 today with no rhyme, reason or pattern to what or when I get an email if any. Of the 32 tests I've sent, I've only rec'd an email for 5 of them, and 3 of those 5 were immediately after sending a test email, but the one I rec'd was not the email I had just sent.

Very strange. If anyone has any thoughts I would welcome them.

Also, I did install the updated Verizon OS on Tuesday, and it went fine, and I seemed to be getting emails normally untill the last couple of days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-08 11:59 AM
    Have you tried resending your service books?

03-21-08 01:30 PM
    Yes. I have resent them several times. With and without the battery in. I've deleted the email account from the blackberry, and set it up again, twice.

My dad sent me an email last Tuesday. That was the last real time email that I have received on my pearl 8130. Now, when I do a battery pull and the phone boots up, this is the only email that I get. It doesn't happen every time, but I would say of the 10 plus battery pops I've done in the last several days, I've received just this email 9 times. The other 1 or 2 times, I received nothing.

03-24-08 06:46 AM
    Regarding the trackball directional issues: The cause is most likely dirt/debris in the trackball. Press down firmly while moving the trackball in the "stuck" direction. This should resolve it.
    03-24-08 06:54 AM
    Yeah, the trackball issue seems to steadily be getting better.

I resent service books about 20 minutes ago, and again I received the email my dad sent me last tuesday.

I called Verizon wireless last Saturday and the technician sent me a test email after she re-provisioned my phone and reset the email account. I was supposed to reply to her when it arrived, and if she didn't get a reply within 20 minutes then she would assume I didn't get it and call me back to try some other troubleshooting. Well I never got it, and I never heard back from her. However, when I got up this morning (Monday), I had her email in my blackberry inbox, said it was received at 5:46am. Now it was originally received on my desktop email on Saturday around 1:30pm. When I checked my desktop email this morning (monday), around 6:30am, I had two emails that I had received at 5:45am and 6:02am, but they have not come through on my blackberry as of 8:15am.

03-24-08 07:06 AM
    ptguard - sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm still having email issues.

UPDATE: I have a new pearl 8130 today, and after activation, still had the same email issues.

So I decided to again, upgrade the OS to .97, with success. Still the same email issues.

Under the advice of the Verizon Tech, I logged into BIS and deleted my email account, then pulled the batter from my blackberry. I then re-added my email account through BIS and resent the service books. Put the battery back after a few minutes and powered up.

Still having email issues, but after some rigorous testing, here is what I can seem to do with some consistancy.

I've done the following from 2 different email accounts: I try to send an email to my blackberry putting the current time in subject and text field. If I send just one email, nothing happens, even after an hour or so. If I send a second email, and then 3rd email, this for some reason tends to trigger the first email to hit my blackberry inbox, then after about 30 seconds, the other two hit my inbox. So now all 3 that have been sent have arrived at my blackberry inbox.

However, if I immediately go to send another email to my blackberry, .... i get nothing, even if I send two more emails after it. Only if I wait for 10 minutes or so before I send the string of 3 emails can I get them to show up, but only if I send 3... sending just 1 never gets anything to my inbox.

I'm really lost on this one.

All of the emails do show up immediately on my desktop email, but not the blackberry.

I have had the pearl for about 8 weeks and it has worked great up until last week.

If I'm not being specific enough or if you guys need some other info, let me know and I'll get it on here.

03-24-08 01:08 PM
    I've solved this problem with the help of several others at another forum. Here is what I did.

As stated before I removed my email account from BIS around 5:00pm yesterday.

I then added my work email address and a newly created gmail account and both worked as I would expect them to. So this told me, as JS and others had said, that godaddy was indeed the culprit here.

So I removed those other accounts yesterday evening and left my blackberry overnight with no email accounts setup on it until this morning at about 7:00am.

This morning, I re-added my godaddy account. Fired off some test emails, and still came up with the same problem... no email. So I cleared it off of BIS again.

So I pulled the battery from my blackberry, and logged into my godaddy domain registration (this is where my email admin is located) and deleted my godaddy email account, waited for it to clear their system, then recreated it.

Once the godaddy account was listed as active, I added it to BIS, resent the service books (just to be sure) and put my battery back into my blackberry and powered up.

I received the registration emails letting me know that my service should be up and I should begin receiving emails in about 20 minutes. Being impatient like I am, after 10 minutes I sent my first test email and within 11 seconds ( i counted)....BAM, there it was. I immediately sent another email, and 8 seconds later, it was there on my blackberry as well.

Life is good again. Email the way it should be.

Thanks again for your help guys. Let me know if you have any questions about the steps I took, or if anyone needs help with a similar issue. I'll try to help however I can.

03-25-08 07:25 AM
    I too along with others have had this problem. Verizon even sent me a new pearl? I seem to have it working alright now. What is godaddy?
    03-25-08 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD