I ordered this trackball from CNN.CN for my 8130
    BlackBerry 81xx/82xx/83xx/88xx/89xx/90xx blue trackball- Dopod/O2, Microsoft, Nokia, Sony, Motorola, SonyEricsson, BlackBerry, Samsung, P
    And when I put it in, not only is it really rough, but when I scroll up, it scrolls down, and when I scroll down it also scrolls down, and it barely will scroll left or right...
    Any ideas? It almost seems like something is blocking it, and I've tried putting it in both ways, and I also tried my old trackball and it worked just fine
    04-06-09 12:02 PM
    With the scrolling up/down issue is the trackball in the right way? Sounds daft but I had a similar problem the first time I removed my assembly. I turned it around and it seemed to fix the issue.
    Also, is it the ball itself that is having trouble scrolling or can the ball move but the icon remains stationary? You might try lightly trying to remove anything that may have got into the assembly and see if that helps the problem.
    Last edited by controversialfigure; 04-06-09 at 12:17 PM.
    04-06-09 12:07 PM
    I turned it both ways and nothing is working.
    I don't know if I am supposed to take the trackball out of its little casing and see if something is wrong or what.. No idea
    04-06-09 02:13 PM
    Are you able to try it with your old trackball and see if it works correctly with that? Might I also suggest trying a battery pull (if you haven't already) just to see its a software issue rather than hardware.
    Last edited by controversialfigure; 04-06-09 at 02:23 PM.
    04-06-09 02:15 PM
    I tried putting my old trackball in right away and it worked fine, I just kept switching them and rotating it around and nothing
    04-07-09 01:35 AM
    If your original trackball is working just fine and the replacement isn't this sounds like a problem with the part that you ordered. I would contact CNN and tell them your problem with the trackball. They will most likely send out a replacement trackball which should fix the problem.
    This is not a problem with your software.
    04-07-09 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD