I just got two new trackballs off eBay the seller was sigmacellular here is the item number it was a multi sell listing Item number: 220306290875

it says for curve but works on the pearl too so here it is 6.49 each free shipping outof Brooklyn I got mine in just a few days
    11-11-08 06:43 PM
    Let us know the quality after you've used it for a while. I'd appreciate it.
    11-11-08 06:45 PM
    How the heck do you replace the track ball?? Mine is a little sticky....not physically sticky...but doesn't move around to well on my screen when I roll it.
    11-12-08 06:13 AM
    It easy use a small knife blade. I used a pin knife, ease it in between the chrome ring and screen, pry up gently or the ring will pop off and could break. work around the ring until you can lift it off easy.
    Now turn the BB over and pop it on the battery door with your hand the trackball should fall out (note how the trackball is in so you place the new in the same way).
    Now like any replacement part you will need to adjust something. look on the bottom of both trackballs there is a small metal piece that helps spring the trackball back up when you click.
    Gently bend it out careful not to break it off. bend it to match the old one as close as possible.
    Place the new trackball in and put the chrome ring on. there are 3 prongs stickin down they go one on each side and one at the bottom of the trackball. line up the holes the prongs go in and press down like you clickin the trackball.
    Easy and mine is workin like brand new

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 09:40 AM
    Good deal. Thanks. The alcohol cleaning didn't work that great for mine for some reason. Actually worked for moving left right but up seems to still be an issue for up and down??? But thanks again...will probably just buy a new trackball.
    11-12-08 02:25 PM
    Well, when you think about it a trackball is just a mouse and it is recomended to clean a mouse regularly and replace them every 6months if they are used alot. Now face it our trackballs get used way more than a mouse on a computer so if I have to swap them every 3 months I figure it is still the best phone I ever had.
    11-12-08 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD