I've had my 8130 for months and had no issues. This morning, however, I found that my track ball no longer worked properly. While it still allows me to scroll, it no longer registers if I push it in for the "enter" function. Has this every happened to anyone? What can I do?

Thanks!
    06-14-08 10:53 AM
    Sounds like you need some canned air. I always use it to clean my BB.
    06-14-08 10:55 AM
    Sounds like you need some canned air. I always use it to clean my BB.
    Good call.

You can also clean your trackball by applying a tiny amount of rubbing alcohol to a q tip, and cleaning it that way.
    06-14-08 07:03 PM
    Thanks for the tips, unfortunately I have neither such tools at home... I'm still concerned it's something more than those remedes anyhow, though. The scrolling part of the track ball still works fine, and that seems to be what would get messed up if it's just dirty. It's when I clikc in the track ball, it still physically clicks, so to speak, I feel it. But then it doesn't do anything, I have to hit the lower right enter button instead... I think I just need to take it in to Verizon... any otehr thoughts?
    06-15-08 12:47 AM
    Thanks for the tips, unfortunately I have neither such tools at home... I'm still concerned it's something more than those remedes anyhow, though. The scrolling part of the track ball still works fine, and that seems to be what would get messed up if it's just dirty. It's when I clikc in the track ball, it still physically clicks, so to speak, I feel it. But then it doesn't do anything, I have to hit the lower right enter button instead... I think I just need to take it in to Verizon... any otehr thoughts?
    It may be a matter of having dirt buildup on the conductive contacts that your trackball has below it. The mechanical part would "click" but the pushbutton feature wouldn't work because it wouldn't be making contact. Try the canned air and the alcohol swab. It usually works. (always pull your battery out before introducing any type of fluid into your phone) You can also pop out the trackball and clean any dirt out from under the housing too.
    06-16-08 08:04 AM
    Ok, I just brought it in to Verizon and they used the canned air. He cleaned it up and it works fine again. Thanks for the help!
    06-17-08 04:41 PM
    I've had my 8130 for months and had no issues. This morning, however, I found that my track ball no longer worked properly. While it still allows me to scroll, it no longer registers if I push it in for the "enter" function. Has this every happened to anyone? What can I do?

Thanks!
    I have the same problem
    it was working perfect and some day star to fail
    and i haven't been able to fix it
    08-15-08 10:42 AM
    My track ball problem returned a little over a week after they cleaned it in the store the first time (posted above). I brought it back in and they replaced out the whole unit for a new one for free. If you've got Verizon, I've always been satisfied with their customer service; take it in.

jon
    08-16-08 12:31 PM
    i don't understand why rim want let in store tects do things like a tract ball replacement it would be cheaper and faster than sending it to rim.
    08-16-08 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD