Well, I got tired of waiting for the ever elusive curve, so I ordered the 8130 from verizon. I currently have an 8703e, so I'll be going from the qwerty keyboard to the suretype. Any advice?
    02-25-08 10:34 AM
    Trust it. Just type, don't look at the screen.
    02-25-08 10:35 AM
    Don't get discouraged. It will take a few days to get the hang of it. But once you do, be sure to come back here and tell us all how great it is and how much you love it!
    02-25-08 10:42 AM
    It takes a couple of weeks to get used to SureType. If you look at the screen, cover it with a piece of paper or the case while typing to get you to look at the keys and not the screen. You'll adjust in no time!
    02-25-08 10:54 AM
    I hope you like it.
    02-25-08 11:10 AM
    Just stick with it even tho may be a tad frustrating at first. I think in no time you'll be quite pleased.
    Last edited by GadgetGeek; 02-25-08 at 12:51 PM. Reason: typo
    02-25-08 11:15 AM
    Just stick with it even tho may be a tad frustrating at first. I think in no you'll be quite pleased.
    haha that what was me. I wanted to throw my pearl through a window the first couple of days but i stuck with it and am very glad i did.
    02-25-08 12:22 PM
    Trust it. Just type, don't look at the screen.
    exactly. it will learn your vocab in no time. i like suretype. it's faster, for the most part. at least for me. you'll love the pearl
    02-25-08 12:49 PM
    Just keep typing and don't worry about what you're doing. SureType will figure it out. The Pearl is great!
    02-25-08 12:54 PM
    it does take time. just be patient & everything will be ok.
    02-25-08 01:56 PM
    My input speed has greatly increased with suretype. Now if I could just spel beterr!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-08 02:06 PM
    Well, if all the stars align.

Maybe Verizon will release the Curve in your 30 grace period of your Pearl and you can just switch.
    02-25-08 02:10 PM
    I have had my pearl for a few days and am still adjusting, but all of the tips from fellow forumites have really helped ease the transition. I feel like I need to set aside an hour a day to type so it can learn my vocab, hmmm...I wonder if that would actually help, any ideas?
    02-26-08 03:23 PM
    My input speed has greatly increased with suretype. Now if I could just spel beterr!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ditto!

No one dares getting into a text war with me anymore...bwahahahaha.
    02-26-08 03:38 PM
    Love it! Not a curve user but I love the sure type! You'll get used to it, it took me about a week... But I text a lot so it was an intensive week!
    02-26-08 03:42 PM
    haha. my new pearl arrived yesterday, I'm still getting used to the smaller.. everything! haha. So far so good though, I am impressed at how the suretype picks the right words. love finally having a camera on my berry!
    02-29-08 06:45 AM
    Well Congrats! Now before you play with your new toy any longer, please fix that ugly avitar!
    02-29-08 06:51 AM
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the suretype.
    My friend from RIM has been telling me from day one to get a BB... but ofcourse I had to be stubborn and buy everything under the sun other than a BB.

Having tried both Palm OS, Windows Mobile OS and BB OS. Although Palm OS is really good, the bulky phones automatically makes it not worthy of buying. (I can't tell you how many times I've had to dread bringing the phone along in my itty-bitty purse which cannot hold anything other than the phone)....

So the BlackBerry Pearl is definitely worth the money... small, filled with goodies and a reasonably stable OS.
    02-29-08 08:07 AM
    ive found i can actually type better/faster on my pearl than my fiances curve.

personally i also like the fact that i can do it 1-handed. the curve is a little too big to comfortably type 1-handed IMO
    02-29-08 08:27 AM
    Well Congrats! Now before you play with your new toy any longer, please fix that ugly avitar!
    fixed!

Yeah the curve is too big for 1 handed typing. Im finding the pearl too small for 2 handed typing lol. I'll get used to it soon enough. Now I just need a case and micro SD card for it....
    02-29-08 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD