I don't think you could do it on 4.3, but I could be wrong. Either way, I can't figure out how to do it on OS 4.5.
    08-13-08 01:01 PM
    I don't see that as a choice...
    08-13-08 02:19 PM
    Yes, you can do this (sorry Navi)

Depending on what version of the OS 4.5 Beta, this is possible. Originally, RIM was not including the preloaded images .cod file with the Betas, to save big time on memory (about 2.5 Mb). Just recently, as of 4.5.0.69 on GSM, there is a .cod file included during the install that loads only the colored folders.

As you are on the Pearl 8130 (CDMA) and OS 4.5.xx, I am not sure if this option is available to you. If it was, you could add a new folder from the Home screen and then pick which color you want. You cannot directly change the color of a folder, you would have to make a new folder and then move everything from the old to the new

*EDIT* : Actually, there is an option to 'Edit' existing folders. I forgot that you can Highlight the folder, then Menu > Edit Folder. From there you can change 'name' and 'icon'
    Last edited by bmcclure937; 08-13-08 at 02:26 PM.
    08-13-08 02:24 PM
    Right, I tried that and I can't change the color. Its no big deal, it most likely can't be done, I just thought if ask.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-08 04:17 PM
    Right, I tried that and I can't change the color. Its no big deal, it most likely can't be done, I just thought if ask.

Then apparently you removed the preloaded pics (via some memory optimization) or you do not have a version with the folders included
    08-13-08 04:58 PM
    I have the same issue as Mike. I didnt remove anything, so I think it is just not there is this copy of the OS.
    08-14-08 10:21 PM
    I have 4.5.0.66 on Sprint and have no problem changing folder icons. I just highlite the folder, clicked the menu key and then edit folder. From there I scroll down to edit icon until the folder icon is highluted and scroll left to right to pick the one I wanted. Hope this helps!

08-15-08 01:29 AM
    On earlier 4.5 releases I lost the ability to do this but it came back with .69.

08-15-08 02:37 AM
    I have 4.5.0.66 on Sprint and have no problem changing folder icons. I just highlite the folder, clicked the menu key and then edit folder. From there I scroll down to edit icon until the folder icon is highluted and scroll left to right to pick the one I wanted. Hope this helps!

Not all of us have our hands on the 66 copy of the OS
    08-15-08 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD