My Pearl trackball sometimes doesn't seem to work properly. It doesn't respond properly - it takes a lot of scrolling to get to the right place, or it flies too fast. I tried adjusting the settings in options, but that didn't seem to do much.

Is there another way to recalibrate it?
    10-01-08 02:36 PM
    Common problem. Rub some alcohol on it...no not beer or whiskey. Rubbing alcohol. Whatever you do, DO NOT take the trackball assembly apart. It can be done, but I wouldn’t recommend it.Also, go to cnn.cn and purchase some extras to have on hand in case you need them. Make sure it's the entire assembly.
    10-01-08 02:38 PM
    and if that doesn't do it...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/
    10-01-08 02:40 PM
    Been there, done that, screwed up!! LOL The tiny retaining clip that holds the assembly together is very flimsy. If you do this, I would suggest to have a new one near by. (IMHO)
    10-01-08 02:44 PM
    My Pearl trackball sometimes doesn't seem to work properly. It doesn't respond properly - it takes a lot of scrolling to get to the right place, or it flies too fast. I tried adjusting the settings in options, but that didn't seem to do much.

Is there another way to recalibrate it?
    There are no further trackball adjustments available other than the settings in Options>Screen/Keyboard:Trackball

Horizontal and Vertical Sensitivity set at 80 works best personally for me.
    10-01-08 03:36 PM
    There are no further trackball adjustments available other than the settings in Options>Screen/Keyboard:Trackball

Horizontal and Vertical Sensitivity set at 80 works best personally for me.
    ok, I'll try the rubbing alcohol trick, I'm too scared to remove my trackball at the moment. For reference, what do the sensitivity settings do? i.e. what does a higher # vs. lower # really mean?
    10-01-08 04:10 PM
    Like GadgetGeek said, it's a sensitivity setting. The higher the number, the further the TB works with less effort. Kinda like your mouse on your PC.
    10-01-08 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD