I've come from the Palm world. Palms come with their own software for managing contacts, calendar, tasks, etc. or you can set it up to work with Outlook. The software actually works pretty well.

I was a bit surprised when I bought the BB that it didn't come with anything like this. They just kind of assume you'll have Outlook. Well, I don't. I have Office 2007 Home, and it didn't come with Outlook. I figured out that Gmail has a calendar that can sync wirelessly with the BB. I also found out that Yahoo has a contact manager that syncs with the phone, but it doesn't sync wirelessly. You have to do a sync with the BB plugged into the computer.

What I can't find, is a free solution that has a task manager. It would also be nice if I had one program (like Outlook or Palm Desktop) that could manage everything without me needing to go to all these different places to get what I need.

Anybody found a good solution?
    02-14-08 02:43 PM
    how about mozilla thunderbird2? most likely you already use mozilla...

of course you could always look for microsoft enterprise in your favorite bittorent site
    02-14-08 04:18 PM
    I broke down and bought Outlook 2007. I must say, I am very pleased. This is starting to run the way it should, and this new version of Outlook puts Palm Desktop to shame.
    02-14-08 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD