I've had my Pearl for about a month and a half. And it took me about 2 days to get used to texting on it, but after that, I fell in love with the SureType keyboard. Then, the other day, I was playing around with my mother's brand new Curve setting it up for her(she got jealous when I told her about all the stuff you could do with a BB and had to get one, LOL). And typing on it was not nearly as easy or fast as texting on my Pearl... Am I alone on this?
    03-31-09 01:41 PM
    Funny I was just thinking the other day how much I have gotten to like the whole set up on the pearl....not sure I would like the tiny keys of the curve. I love the suretype
    03-31-09 01:49 PM
    I'd have to agree - it's probably the main reason I wouldn't switch from the pearl. Fast and easy
    03-31-09 01:54 PM
    When I first got mine it was a real pain. But you quickly get used to it. Over the years I've had a variety of phones all with different input methods and different sized keyboards. Given enough time though I think you grow used to any of them. Still, the Pearl is certainly one of the easiest keyboards I've used in a while (moved to the Pearl from an iPhone and before that an O2 Exec) and I've become quite accustomed to SureType.
    03-31-09 01:55 PM
    I've had a Pearl since last August, first BB, and I go back and forth on this one. Sometimes I can accurately type super-fast, sometimes I type gibberish. And I don't like the way you have to train it to learn certain words, how it types "non" instead of "bob", and how it decides to type "Ken" all the time instead of "Jen" or "X" instead of "Z" (my son's name starts with Z)... it's actually starting to drive me nuts.
    03-31-09 02:32 PM
    It still makes me nuts I hate using his pearl. My big mistake was letting him use my curve because now he wants one problem is we only just got the pearl in Dec so he is under contract for that til 2010 and I am not paying $540 for a phone. I love my curve I still cant type anyting but gibberish on the pearl lol

I wonder if trading would be an option? Any one heard of anyone doin this? maybe something to consider

Buckys_Girl
    03-31-09 03:07 PM
    Yeah, I sometimes switch between my 8900 and Pearl so as not to forget where my addiction started! I do miss SureType though! Wish they had the feature on all the BB's!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 03:18 PM
    So is this feature on the 8130? If so how do I get it and turn it on?

03-31-09 10:50 PM
    So is this feature on the 8130? If so how do I get it and turn it on?

In any text field, press the Menu button and scroll down to 'Enable SureType' or 'Enable Multitap' whichever the case may be.

I love ST, can type much faster than on a full QWERTY layout. There are the occassional times where it types the wrong word, however.
    04-01-09 01:53 AM
    I find the full keyboard preferable, myself, but I switch back and forth with my wife when I'm home, and can do reasonably well with Pearl, but still faster and more accurate with my Curve.

Glad it works well for you!

04-01-09 02:03 AM
    Yeah, I agree. I can type faster on my Pearl than I can with my wife's Curve. The Pearl's buttons aren't just bigger than the Curve's, but they're also softer which makes faster & more assured button pressing. But I still use the Multitap option as I'm more used to manually typing a word rather than waiting for the dictionary thingy to guess my words lol.

04-01-09 07:17 AM
    I know when I first got my pearl I hated SureType mainly cause I was watching as it typed so I changed to multitap but then I kept reading post about don't watch it type & it was so wonderful. So I set my pearl to SureType & now I feel sorry for people who don't have that option!! Love it!

04-04-09 01:35 PM
    Lol you're not alone! I am in love with my pearl I like the screen the curve has but I can't use the full keyboard on it.

04-04-09 01:39 PM
    I like SureType myself, plus using the keys on the pearl flip is amazing
    04-04-09 02:12 PM
    I'm faster on the pearl with suretype then the curve keyboard.

04-04-09 09:09 PM
    My brother with a curve all the time, but then again I never been a fast typer.

04-05-09 09:47 AM
    I am in agreement w/you guys. It took a little gettin-used-to but now I prefer my SureType over the full QWERTY keyboard anyday. I went to the Sprint store and tried the full keyboard and kept misspelling words as the keys are too tiny. This seems to be one of the few issues preventing me from upgrading my phone.....That & the fact that Sprint doesn't have anything that's out that is 1/2 as cool.
    04-06-09 03:44 PM
    typing on my pearl was faster and easier. Now that I have a curve I find I have to learn to spell again since the pearl had the word up before I finished tying it.
    04-06-09 04:33 PM
    Same here when I first got my pearl I hated the sure type,but was told by a friend not to look at screen when typing and now I love it.
    04-27-09 08:27 AM
    It's just the first week with my pearl and I already adore the SureType typing!
    04-28-09 03:18 AM
    I am not sure which one I like better never used the multitap but the sure type thing is ok.

04-28-09 05:59 AM
    i would rather type on suretype anyday!
    04-28-09 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD