had a quick question. i have the 8130 pearl.
    is it possible to read/reply/delete text messages while the phone is locked?

my phone locks after a certain bit of idle time, and its a pain to have to put in my code everytime to reply/delete a text. this is a policy by our IT department. is there a way to just read/reply/delete as soon as the text comes in?
    07-21-08 03:05 PM
    That would defeat the purpose of locking your device...

Sorry, this is not possible... Welcome to CrackBerry!!
    07-21-08 03:09 PM
    That would defeat the purpose of locking your device...
    and w/ your help i'd like to defeat the IT department.
    07-21-08 03:10 PM
    There is a guide around here on how to remove the IT policy from your device...

But there is a disclaimer... you are responsible for your actions and any resulting actions that may occur from removing the IT policy. This can get you in serious trouble from the IT department and (more than likely) you could be seriously warned... or possibly fired.

Also, if you are on a BES server, the policy will probably reinstall the next time you have to sync!
    07-21-08 03:14 PM
    There is a guide around here on how to remove the IT policy from your device...

But there is a disclaimer... you are responsible for your actions and any resulting actions that may occur from removing the IT policy. This can get you in serious trouble from the IT department and (more than likely) you could be seriously warned... or possibly fired.

Also, if you are on a BES server, the policy will probably reinstall the next time you have to sync!
    well i know for sure we're using BES. just thought if i was quick enough, i could reply and delete to a text. like answering a call while the phone is locked.
    07-21-08 03:16 PM
    I honestly wouldn't mess around with your IT dept. if I were you. IT departments have rules in place for a reason. And if your only inconvenience is simply unlocking your phone to reply to a text, I would learn to live with it.
    07-21-08 03:17 PM
    I honestly wouldn't mess around with your IT dept. if I were you. IT departments have rules in place for a reason. And if your only inconvenience is simply unlocking your phone to reply to a text, I would learn to live with it.
    Hehe. This is why I am glad I am on this side of the fence, aka the IT department. I am THE IT department for our company. Literally I am the only IT person for this company of around 150+ computers, two locations, etc.
    07-21-08 03:19 PM
    Exactly... being in an IT department, I totally concur. If someone came to me with a Berry they effed up... I would tell them "Too bad... you are SOL, you messed with the IT policy, so in my books you are no longer covered by the IT department!"
    07-21-08 03:22 PM
    thanks for all your help, guys.
    07-21-08 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD