Now I dont have my pearl yet. I am waiting on the wifes approval. However I currently use a Motorola Razr and love my Motorola phone tools for the ability of being able to type a text message on my computer and have it send through my phone. Is there an application like that for the Pearl? It is nice because the boss cant get all fussy with me for texting.
    03-26-08 09:52 AM
    Are you talking about going to the text center on VZW.com and sending a text via your phone number? Yes you can still do that as that is a VZW feature, not a phone feature...
    03-26-08 10:53 AM
    Well motorola phone tools is a piece of software installed on my computer that allows me to send text messages via my phone. Not a website. It also allows me to manage my address book and pictures, ring tones ect. It connects to my phone via usb cord.
    03-26-08 11:14 AM
    This is the only thig I know of that would do what you want:
    Bayalink Solutions Corp.
    03-26-08 11:17 AM
    It does this.

Sync-up and safeguard
    Back-up your mobile phonebook on your PC. Protect essential info with easy sync of your calendar, tasks and contacts through Outlook, Outlook Express or Lotus Notes.

Your own ringtones
    Download* and mix your favorite ringtones - it�s the perfect way to personalize your phone! Now every time someone calls, it�ll be sweet music to your ears.

Edit your own pics
    Have fun with pictures! Take as many pics as you want with your cell phone � download* and store on your PC and then customize and edit.

Internet & email on the go
    Use your mobile phone as a modem � surf the net. Connect your laptop to the Internet and manage email from the road.*

A faster way to text
    Use your laptop keyboard to type and send messages* without having to use your phone�s keypad.

Bluetooth� compatible
    Use the Motorola Bluetooth� PC Adapter PC850 (sold separately) to connect your PC wirelessly to your compatible Motorola Bluetooth� phone.**

Edit video and share
    Edit and send* streaming video files to your friends for them to enjoy.
    03-26-08 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD