Hi, I have had my blackberry pearl a few months now. I like it but for some reason the text messaging is extremely slow. When I am actually typing out the text the speed is fine, but once I send the text it takes up to a minute to send. Also, when I receive a new text message and click on it to open the text it takes about 15 seconds to show the full text.

Nothing else is slow, and when I receive an email it opens almost immediately, so the only problem is with actual text messages. I have tried pulling the battery but this did not help. I don't have a memory card but have very few apps on my phone so I do not think it is low memory that is causing my problem (however it could be).

I love to text message but it is really becoming annoying since it takes such a long time to send and receive. I'd really appreciate any help you guys could give me
    08-22-09 05:59 PM
    The speed at which your phone sends a message has to do with the stength of your network connection, not the phone itself.

I'm not sure why opening them takes too long though. It could be that your phone is low on memory if you are storing images or tones on your device's memory. Take a look here for some tips to help increase your file free. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 07:53 PM
    Your also experiencing a difference, because the email uses you're WAP data connection, while the SMS uses you're wireless phone connection
    08-22-09 08:13 PM
    I have this same problem....my other phones on the same network never had this issue
    09-07-09 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD