Hi everybody

I've had my BB for two months now and it hasn't had a problem at all. However - I recently downloaded the Crossbar theme and there's been a problem with me receiving text messages.

For example, my phone will beep to say I have a text message, but when I go to look in the SMS folder, it's gone! Similarly, when I do actually receive the message and have read it - it disappears!

Changing the theme is the only major change in settings I have done on my phone to make me think it's something to do with settings. It still happens when I change it to other themes on my phone. I've tried restarting etc.

Is it possible someone could help me please ... thanks very much!
    07-22-08 11:33 AM
    i have the crossbar and that doesnt happen to me, did you try to delete the theme and re-download it? have u tried a battery pull as well? did you see if this happens with just the crossbar and no other themes?
    07-22-08 11:35 AM
    Sounds like you have a low memory problem. Could you please confirm this by going to Options > Status, and telling me what you have listed for File Free?
    07-22-08 11:48 AM
    Sounds like you have a low memory problem. Could you please confirm this by going to Options > Status, and telling me what you have listed for File Free?
    Hi. It's saying 0 bytes free so I guess I am low on memory! Does this mean I need to delete images etc?
    07-22-08 05:17 PM
    You need to do more than delete pictures, my friend.

Check out Stoner's guide to increasing memory. But yes - start with the basics:

If you haven't already done so, do a battery pull to try to free up some memory. Insert a media card and move ALL pictures, ringtones, music and videos to it. Delete the sample video.

That should get your headed in the right direction until you do the memory optimization tricks.
    07-22-08 05:21 PM
    You should get a media card to store media stuff on.

How to Increase BlackBerry's File free memory
    07-22-08 05:37 PM
    Hey

I had a look and my phone came with a 1GB card so I've moved all my pictures etc on to my media card and now I have plenty of space free.

Thanks for all your help and for pointing my in the right direction to the Crackberry guide!
    07-22-08 05:55 PM
    Yeah make sure you also do that guide as well. Also, you can change the options in the camera to automatically save pics to the media card.
    07-22-08 06:03 PM
    Happy to be of help. With a Pearl, you're going to always be battling free memory if you're a bit app downloader, etc.

The Stoner guide will help you out. Keep doing the battery pulls, close out applications you're not using, make sure pictures, etc. are set to automatically store on the media card, etc.
    07-22-08 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD