I was having a problem this morning with text messages not exactly coming through, They'd come through would show up for seriously 3 seconds (The Indicator) and than disappear without me ever really seeing the text message, I'd go to all my In boxes couldn't find them. I finally discovered that I had no memory left. I bought this phone 2 days ago. I had appox. 10 pictures on there. and Two recorded ring tones. I deleted all my photos and took of ONE ringtone (I can't live without my Homer Simpson one! I do, afterall, work for fox!). Now I'm noticing a spot for a memory card; Is that what I need or is there another more serious problem with my phone?

After deleting all the photos my messages are coming through fine, Would they kick them out if there was no memory left?
    05-10-08 06:57 PM
    Weird error!!
    05-10-08 07:00 PM
    Ive had this error more then once and Ive got a 1 gig card in mine, so i know having the card wont help anything. I just took the battery out of my phone and restarted it and everything worked properly again. Sorry you deleted stuff :-(
    05-10-08 07:31 PM
    What you are describing is typical of low memory problems. Any time File Free drops below 10 000 000 you will have problems. The phone starts deleting things (call logs, text messages) to free up memory. A battery pull restores some memory and will solve the problem temporarily. The permanent solution is to remove stuff you don't need (sample video, wallpaper, themes, languages) from memory. Here's a procedure developed by John Clark that will help you do that. It's not trivial, so don't be afraid to ask for help if you get stuck.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html

Also, if you have a media card, be sure you put pictures, music, and ringtones on it, not in your device's memory.
    Last edited by JeffH; 05-10-08 at 09:07 PM. Reason: repaired broken link
    05-10-08 08:08 PM
    Yep you need to clean it up. Use the link Jeff provided above and get a memory card.
    05-10-08 08:23 PM
    The link that was provided took me to a main page?
    05-10-08 08:43 PM
    The link that was provided took me to a main page?
    Try this...

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html

Also fixed the link in post #4
    Last edited by JeffH; 05-10-08 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Added reference to Post #4
    05-10-08 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD