When I was recently testing out a new signature to make sure it was being included I attempted to type "sig." and all I got was " .". I then tryed it two more time and after hitting space after the third attempt it crashed out of the email app and gave a java error about an unhandled expection. then I try to type it again and type "sig," and it spits out my locked screen text. Any idea's whats wrong.
    08-19-08 01:00 PM
    Text that displays when you lock your device uses the same sig macro that you are trying to use. My autotext entry for sig is "sig (%O)" which displays my owner text when the device is locked. If you have something like that, and you are attempting to create another sig, you may be causing a conflict. At least, it's something for you to check.
    08-19-08 01:14 PM
    I wasn't attempting to create anything in auto text I didn't even know that "sig" was linked to (%O), but I have checked with other BB users in my office and theirs don't do that when they are typing. Probably b/c they don't have autotext on. But thanks for the reply.
    08-19-08 02:56 PM
    So you do have sig (%O) in your autotext lists? If you do, then "sig." should be replaced with your owner text. It's sounds like it started working after the java error. Is it working properly now?
    08-19-08 03:36 PM
    Internal and External Macro's is the problem
    08-19-08 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD