I have both but I'm getting tired for paying extra 10 for telenav, what's everyones opinion on ygr one they like

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-08 03:58 PM
    Is that the Verizon app? If so I heard that the GPS is locked to that app. However if you are just using it, google is the obvious winner because its free.

09-15-08 06:33 PM
    I like Google Maps so much that I deleted BB Maps last night during a sync operation. Very, very slick.

I will *not* pay Alltel/TeleNav another $10 to unlock functionality that's built-in to my device that should be usable with any darned mapping app I see fit to use. If I want GPS functionality, I will go and buy a Freedom keychain GPS and call it a day. As it stands, however, I'm very happy with the functionality provided by Google Maps, even without GPS.
    09-15-08 07:01 PM
    I would just like to point out that with telenav, it always said "weak gps signal, move to an open area" and with google maps it never said that ONCE.... Telenav/VZ Navigator/Sprint Navigation etc. sucks... and its not worth the extra ten dollars you are paying for it to TELL you where to go and re route if you miss a turn... eff that
    09-15-08 08:16 PM
    Thanks yall google it is deleting telenav

09-15-08 08:49 PM
    Of the three apps mentioned in this thread--Google Maps, BB Maps and TeleNav--Google Maps has the smallest memory footprint. I started to download TeleNav simply to try the use it once/cancel subscription workaround, which requires leaving the software on the device after the subscription is cancelled, and saw that it's nearly 900k in size--too big to keep on the memory-leaking Pearl. And BB Maps is over 600k in size. Google Maps, however, comes in under 500k in size AND it rocks.
    09-15-08 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD