Hi guys just received my new 8120 Pearl from At&T. One quick Q before inserting the SIM. I have a pay per use data plan (it charges .01$ per K)...will my phone constantly accessing data without me wanting it thus incurring in charges per K or is the phone only gonna be accessing data when I want to (i.e. getting emails or internet)??? Depending on the answer I will get the unlimited data plan or block my data connection. THANKS.
    08-10-08 03:56 PM
    Hi guys just received my new 8120 Pearl from At&T. One quick Q before inserting the SIM. I have a pay per use data plan (it charges .01$ per K)...will my phone constantly accessing data without me wanting it thus incurring in charges per K or is the phone only gonna be accessing data when I want to (i.e. getting emails or internet)??? Depending on the answer I will get the unlimited data plan or block my data connection. THANKS.
    Your device is WiFi capable... if you do not have a data plan, just connect to WiFi when you are in a WiFi area

Currently, you will be charged for data per use... but if you close out of applications, no data will be accessed in the background
    08-10-08 04:10 PM
    You can go to "Manage Connections" -> Mobile Network Options -> Data Services: Off, to be sure.
    08-10-08 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD