i don't have my blackberry synced to outlook, but it seems like lots of people do it. what are the benefits of doing this? i don't use the calendar function much so that's not important to me.

if i sync my blackberry with outlook, will i be able to delete messages on my computer, then have it delete on my blackberry when connected?

also, will be able to edit contacts on outlook? it gets annoying making changes on my blackberry.
    01-27-09 12:02 PM
    i don't have my blackberry synced to outlook, but it seems like lots of people do it. what are the benefits of doing this? i don't use the calendar function much so that's not important to me.

if i sync my blackberry with outlook, will i be able to delete messages on my computer, then have it delete on my blackberry when connected?

also, will be able to edit contacts on outlook? it gets annoying making changes on my blackberry.
    Red,

Synching your BB to your Outlook places all your Outlook appointments and contacts to your BB, and vice-versa. I do this almost everyday. And yes, if you synch your BB and your Outlook, then all your BB contacts will now be in your Outlook contact list. You can edit them in Outlook (much easier) then re-synch the contact list with your BB so your BB will get the updated contact list.

As for messages, unless you explicitly forward email sent to your Outlook account to your BB, you will not see your Outlook email in your BB Inbox. And even if you do (like myself), deleting a message in one does not delete the corresponding message in the other.

I synch my BB and my Outlook because I use my BB as more of a PDA reminder and scheduler. I use my Outlook to lay down all my appointments because Outlook has an easier visual display of appointments and tasks. I can see what the week has in store for me by going to the Week View. I can see when I have to do this and that, and when my free time is. When my BB is synched with my Outlook, I now carry this information of appointments, free times and tasks with me. If I am at my Physiotherapist and I need to schedule another appointment, I can determine whether a future date is acceptable or not by looking at my BB. And, of course, since the appointments are already there, my BB reminds me whenever they are due.

Elrohir59
    01-27-09 01:01 PM
    thank you!
    01-27-09 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD